COACHING FIRINGS

2 of 3? They scored 5
I’m pretty sure 3/4 TD passes were man cov. 1 on Hall. Two on Te. The other was zone I believe. Including a couple PIs aside from the one BS call. Point is they had success against zone and man. Wasn’t as simple as Zone vs man. We have personnel problems in coverage. That said defense gave the O 2 shots to get it done and erase all that

Advertisement
If Stroud is retiring, wonder if Manny brings back Jess Simpson. Guessing he gets let go when a new coach cleans house in Atlanta
Not sure how else to put this but some of the talk from other GA Hs football coaches was basically that Jess didn’t like being an outsider of Manny’s crew on defense. If he didn’t get that Falcons job he was headed elsewhere anyway.

That’s where the comment from “if manny needs him” he will return comes into play... manny doesn’t have anyone in mind or any connection to another legit DL coach he could target. He’ll be testing the waters and interviewing.

Banda leaving, Rumph fired, heard Stroud retiring to an off-field role unless Manny needs him to come back. Not sure Baker helped or hurt himself tonight - pretty status quo. Good drives here and there hindered by a terrible start.

Think Baker and Patke stay and you get a new co-dc with more input than Banda had (Banda’s input was the same thing Baker already knew) so it could be beneficial but not enough.
Patke is *** he gotta go

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure 3/4 TD passes were man cov. 1 on Hall. Two on Te. The other was zone I believe. Including a couple PIs aside from the one BS call. Point is they had success against zone and man. Wasn’t as simple as Zone vs man. We have personnel problems in coverage. That said defense gave the O 2 shots to get it done and erase all that
We went on that 19-0 solely off pinning our ears back up front and putting a press man behind it. 3 straight drives resulted in 9 plays and -7 yards 2 punts and a fumble recovery. Then we reverted back and continued to be picked apart.

Ya they did. Bubba also just quoted saying - we switched to play man and press them and everything changed - Which was obvious. We shut them down and they couldn’t do anything when we brought pressure and pressed them. Everyone could see it but they wouldn’t keep it up. Kept reverting back to soft zone playing 8-10 yards off and letting the LBers read and react and got picked apart.

Mind boggling ****.

That didn’t happen under Manny as DC. That’s why im not just gonna say “it’s manny’s defense” - it is conceptually - but that mfer brought pressure 100% of the time. We got burned here and there but all of the mistakes it created balanced it out. We don’t get mistakes anymore. I haven’t seen the chain in a month and a half that I remember.

When Blake Baker came we saw more “exotic” blitzes trying to get cute. Rather than just go get the **** QB under manny. And he brought the soft zone bs like he found D’Onofrio’s playbook when he moved into his office and decided to use it.
Manny was doing all that exotic bs when first arrived too. People forget how awful he was on third downs. Dude gave up third and tens at an unreal rip. He fixed it year two.

Advertisement
Not sure how else to put this but some of the talk from other GA Hs football coaches was basically that Jess didn’t like being an outsider of Manny’s crew on defense. If he didn’t get that Falcons job he was headed elsewhere anyway.

That’s where the comment from “if manny needs him” he will return comes into play... manny doesn’t have anyone in mind or any connection to another legit DL coach he could target. He’ll be testing the waters and interviewing.
Only thing I can say to that is Banda was probably the closest person to Manny on the staff, and seems he will be moving on. Manny's *** is on the line now (he was the hotshot DC when Jess was here), hopefully they can work it out. Because from what I remember our D-line was fantastic when Jess was here

We went on that 19-0 solely off pinning our ears back up front and putting a press man behind it. 3 straight drives resulted in 9 plays and -7 yards 2 punts and a fumble recovery. Then we reverted back and continued to be picked apart.
It was not all man C over bruh. A lot of there big plays came against Man vs us. The play on 4, Te a few times.

It just keeps getting better.

This is why I’m not a fan of waiting until after bowl games to fire coaches. We missed a huge opportunity to regain a little momentum. I know it wouldn’t count for much bc we’re gonna get massacred by Bama, but we took another huge hit to the so called progress we made this year perception wise. Baker **** the bed again and dug us a hole we couldn’t get out of.

Advertisement

Mark Richt asked him to come on staff to begin with. That's where Simpson's relationship was.

This is why I’m not a fan of waiting until after bowl games to fire coaches. We missed a huge opportunity to regain a little momentum. I know it wouldn’t count for much bc we’re gonna get massacred by Bama, but we took another huge hit to the so called progress we made this year perception wise. Baker **** the bed again and dug us a hole we couldn’t get out of.
No we didn’t. Not sure anyone one cares about anything other than the King being hurt news and seeing the Miami fought back from down 21-0 and losing King...

Manny has been hated since the jump so can we stop with acting like he lost cache with the fans after the last month..

Advertisement
It was not all man C over bruh. A lot of there big plays came against Man vs us. The play on 4, Te a few times.
Just went back and watched 1st 2 passing TDs were zone - closest DBs were 6-8 yards off the LOS at the sticks both times.

3rd passing TD was a 3 yard quick slant in man

4th the got a WR 1 on 1 with Gurvan Hall and there had to be some kind of miscommunication on the backend on that.

Both partially correct. We just looked really good on that 19-0 run and we played no man until that point. Oklahoma state eventually adjusted to it and had some success

No we didn’t. Not sure anyone one cares about anything other than the King being hurt news and seeing the Miami fought back from down 21-0 and losing King...

Manny has been hated since the jump so can we stop with acting like he lost cache with the fans after the last month..

Idc about the fans. I’m talking about relevance when it comes to kids we want to attract. You can’t keep looking awful every time you are on in prime time against decent opponents and claim
you are making strides bc you went 8-3. It’s a fraudulent record and anybody with eyes can see it.

Ya they did. Bubba also just quoted saying - we switched to play man and press them and everything changed - Which was obvious. We shut them down and they couldn’t do anything when we brought pressure and pressed them. Everyone could see it but they wouldn’t keep it up. Kept reverting back to soft zone playing 8-10 yards off and letting the LBers read and react and got picked apart.

Mind boggling ****.

That didn’t happen under Manny as DC. That’s why im not just gonna say “it’s manny’s defense” - it is conceptually - but that mfer brought pressure 100% of the time. We got burned here and there but all of the mistakes it created balanced it out. We don’t get mistakes anymore. I haven’t seen the chain in a month and a half that I remember.

When Blake Baker came we saw more “exotic” blitzes trying to get cute. Rather than just go get the **** QB under manny. And he brought the soft zone bs like he found D’Onofrio’s playbook when he moved into his office and decided to use it.
This is not accurate. Manny Diaz ran the same BS. Go watch the tapes. It’s all there for your viewing pleasure,

This is Manny’s Defense with a couple of wrinkles.

Advertisement
Back