Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Disagree. He may not win the SB but he has an young elite QB, something he hasn’t had since his one real season with Andrew Luck at Stanford.

They are in bad shape with the salary cap this year, but they got young elite talent at QB, LT (Slater), and Edge (Bosa).

Plus he got a huge contract and an ownership that doesn’t have the money to fire him over a bad year or two.
Elite QB?

Everyone laughed at Mario trying to get Jason Candle two offseasons in a row but this cycle has validated that being an assistant at a P5/P4 program is a better gig than being a HC in the G5 given the current landscape

Advertisement
Buddy dipped 2 days into spring practice. School had to postpone the rest of practice and the spring game. Some ****ed up ****.

Players are ripped for quitting on their teams midseason and bowl games, and deservedly so, IMO.
But then you have coaches pulling this stunt on not only his players but his assistant coaches as well.
Fck them too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The example I often cite was Dan Henning, who was good enough to run offenses for Don Shula, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells and Marv Levy yet was
a constant failure as HC.
Norval Turner has entered the chat.

(To be fair, he did have a few winning seasons here and there).

Advertisement
Any defensive assistant would be crazy to pass up working/learning from Wink Martindale.

Dude has like 5 guys that worked under him in the last 3 years that are current NFL HC/DC (Macdonald, Minter, Zachary Orr, Anthony Waever, Dennard Wilson).

Minter's dad Rick had quite a staff at UCinncy during late 1990s. Names like Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh.

Advertisement

I will be curious to see what kind of offense he'll run at Arizona as
he ran several types at Syracuse.

Also, I recall back in 2002 when he was replaced as the Texas A&M OC by
fellow staff member Kevin Sumlin.
But this is going back a few years.

Advertisement
Back