Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
James Franklin isn’t anything special as a coach. Recruiter yes. But that doesn’t matter in the league
@Rellyrell ...had bring you on this since you liked the post....really guys? Cmon now...

At Penn State, yes he has resources behind him and a good brand to sell....but how did he get the Penn State job fellas....see question below

Who did James Franklin "out talent" while at Vanderbilt? That was 100% a Coaching clinic that he put on...strategy, leadership, ability to motivate and galvanize players....I mean that's what COACHING is gents!

And guys, rellyrell you know I mean no disrespect as we've talked plenty of football... 305407 Cane I mean no disrespect with the big all caps letters, just get excited about talking football!

@Rellyrell ...had bring you on this since you liked the post....really guys? Cmon now...

At Penn State, yes he has resources behind him and a good brand to sell....but how did he get the Penn State job fellas....see question below

Who did James Franklin "out talent" while at Vanderbilt? That was 100% a Coaching clinic that he put on...strategy, leadership, ability to motivate and galvanize players....I mean that's what COACHING is gents!

And guys, rellyrell you know I mean no disrespect as we've talked plenty of football... 305407 Cane I mean no disrespect with the big all caps letters, just get excited about talking football!

Let me clarify my “like”

I don’t think Franklin is anything special, but that doesn’t mean he can’t coach. Some in yrs past considered him in the elite echelon. I’ve never seen Franklin as an elite coach, vs. a good coach. W/ the amount of resources PSU have provided, imo, he’s fairly underachieved. W/ that being said, I definitely wouldn’t mind him being a coach here, real spit; but, I know our ceiling w/ him would be no more than NY6 bowls every couple of years.

Compared to what we’ve seen, that’s pretty good, but we’ll get tired of winning 10+ games one yr, & then 9, 7, 8, 9.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot_20221226_125824_Facebook.jpg

Advertisement
Is he the fewest games coached as a HC (non interim-HC)?
urban meyer lasted 13 games with the jags, hackett lasted 15 games

petrino lasted only 13 games with the falcons, but he resigned and wasn't fired

can't think of anyone else in my lifetime that was out before their 1st season ended

Advertisement
Back