Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Auburn message boards thinking they will land Philip Montgomery as OC.
Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement

Maybe this dude works out but pretty uninspiring hire for a program trending in the wrong direction, imo. You go from Harbaugh to Shaw to a 54 yr "up and comer"(?) that's essentially a local hire with 1 year of big time football as an OC at Utah when they were 7-6 and finished 5th in their division?

I'm kinda thinking Stanford (barring a B1G invite) might not be as vested in even trying to play with the big boys in this new era of CFB- and that'd be a shame because I think they can be epitome of academic and athletic excellence combined as an overall program if they want to be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t like to overreact and Cribby hasn’t said anything contrary but Mario must either be going after a really big fish (no idea who that could be) or Gattis is staying. Guys getting snatched up left and right.

Occam’s razor - his search will probably resemble last year. Probably reached out to some pro guys and perhaps some college guys are still in bowl season and don’t want to pull the trigger and of course there are the marathon interviews. I am tempering my enthusiasm with this hire bc we almost hired tommy Rees, so….

Advertisement
Occam’s razor - his search will probably resemble last year. Probably reached out to some pro guys and perhaps some college guys are still in bowl season and don’t want to pull the trigger and of course there are the marathon interviews. I am tempering my enthusiasm with this hire bc we almost hired tommy Rees, so….

This really shouldn’t be that hard. You’ve got a lot of names out there that would really give our offense a shot in the arm. I just hope we make a move.

Advertisement
Back