Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCLA is at a massive crossroads staring them in the face. Your arch rival USC just shook the entire landscape of CFB landing Riley and you wake up and realize you have Chip Kelly who has been mediocre at best in a weak conference and lo and behold Kelly's buyout drops to zero on the 15th....It's an AD's dream scenario to be able to change coaches with no buyout at the exact moment you want/need to change. The AD has to make a dramatic move now to keep pace. Also of note the current AD did not hire Kelly since he was just hired in 2020. I think Lane jumps at that job just to play USC every year and wouldn't be surprised if a deal wasn't already in the works.
You're spot on.

Question is whether there is any will and/or pressure from the base. @Rellyrell

Advertisement
Advertisement
Woah. That’s HUGE money for a guy who isn’t an elite DC and won’t be calling fkn plays. He’s an A+++++ recruiter but wow
Why do you think Lanning will be calling the defense? Was that announced by Lanning?

Why do you think Lanning will be calling the defense? Was that announced by Lanning?
I mean I am assuming he will be calling his own defense…to me Lupoi is their answer to losing Mario and schools like UF and USC must have been after him so they gave him enormous money.

I mean I am assuming he will be calling his own defense…to me Lupoi is their answer to losing Mario and schools like UF and USC must have been after him so they gave him enormous money.
Fair assumption, but are there many HCs calling defensive plays? There are notable HCs calling offense, like Riley, but I can’t think of many HCs calling the defense (except for our failed former HC/DC).

CFB all-out war baby. Where my soldiers at? We need some E-3s up in here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back