Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Errrrr…..Could definitely see them kicking tires on TRob if this goes through.

SN, Venables putting together a nice staff so far.

Dont remember the exact story but there was bad blood between Muschamp/TRob and Dabo/Venerables. Might have been about sign stealing but definitely was Some chirping back and forth.

Maybe thats water under the bridge now.

Dont remember the exact story but there was bad blood between Muschamp/TRob and Dabo/Venerables. Might have been about sign stealing but definitely was Some chirping back and forth.

Maybe thats water under the bridge now.
The concern would be Bama coming after TRob

Advertisement
I have to be honest I didn’t even know there was a Long Island University, and I go to NYC all the time.

They are a Northeast Conference commuter school that spends fall Saturdays losing in football to other tristate commuter schools. This year they lost to St. Francis of PA, Merrimack, Duquesne, Bryant, and Sacred Heart, among others.

They are known around here as the only program Butch Davis and FIU beat in his final 19 games.

Last edited:
I looked it up and saw it was in Brooklyn which confused me as why would one borough college (ignorantly thought one was long island) would be located in another (Brooklyn). News to me long island is not one of the five. First 2022 learning lesson. Cheers.
Long Island is a long island that encompasses Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
TrumpyCane should educate you

Technically yes Brooklyn and Queens are connected to Long Island however when people in NY discuss Long Island they never include Queens and Brooklyn as part of the discussion

Long Islan is thought of as Nassau and Suffolk county
It's a Private University on Long Island - my neck of the woods. Not known so much for football as it is for baseball and lacrosse
Also more of a commuter school. LIU opened their season last year vs FIU. Also played WVA and the very same Central Connecticut State as the Canes. They also beat CCSU pretty handily.

Interesting hire. Maybe they are looking to upgrade the football program...

LIU has both a Long island AND a Brooklyn campus.

200.gif

He's a good coach, and its always a risk to lose a known commodity but in Badger land this sounds like a mutual parting of the ways. Rudolph said he wants to be closer to family on the east coast. I also think there were some issues with his duties as OL coach / OC. Chryst being an offensive guy doesn't have a true OC on staff but Rudolph wasn't great at picking up some of those duties.

I'll be interested to see if they go looking for an OL coach specifically or if they are looking for an OC. Bob Bostad was OL coach from 08-11 and is on staff coaching LBs so he's a plug in from the current staff if needed.

Personally, I think Chryst needs to bring in an OC who can add a credible passing game to the existing run game. I think his offense has stagnated since the mid 10's in terms of play design.

Advertisement
No joke, Al Golden is a candidate for the Notre Dame DC job...

So who are among Freeman’s top candidates? Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that Iowa State defensive coordinator Jon Heacock, Auburn defensive coordinator Derek Mason, Tennessee defensive coordinator Tim Banks, current Jacksonville Jaguars safeties coach and former college defensive coordinator Chris Ash, and current Cincinnati Bengals linebackers coach Al Golden, the former Miami and Temple head coach are all under consideration and that Freeman also is holding some options close to the vest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back