Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

I missed this one.

What’s the scoop?

I knew Scaife was supposed to be the better run blocker, but was there more to him getting the job over Williams?
Him and Williams got into and he benched him for disrespect. That stupid move put kings best blocker and a 6th year senior in for someone who barely did it.

Advertisement

Wow, thats a bigtime get for OR. Malchow is one of the best in the business, I am surprised they were able to pry him loose. First at Georgia and now at A&M for the past two years.... Wherever he goes recruiting success follows. Must have a good relationship with Lanning from when they worked together.

On a sidenote, his role is similar to how I could see Alonzo fitting in with us.

Last edited:
I know we need to show patience, but I am getting a little antsy reading about other programs making moves.

Just gotta keep telling myself that...

Good things come to those that wait.

Advertisement
Wow, thats a bigtime get for OR. Malchow is one of the best in the business, I am surprised they were able to pry him loose. First at Georgia and now at A&M for the past two years.... Wherever he goes recruiting success follows. Must have a good relationship with Lanning from when they worked together.

On a sidenote, his role is similar to how I could see Alonzo fitting in with us.

Yup. He was ranked #2 by his peers in this list on The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/3016713/202...d-recruiting-coordinators-across-the-country/

2. Marshall Malchow, associate athletic director, player personnel, Texas A&M​

Total survey points: 15.5
Started at Texas A&M: 2020

Malchow, a native of Augusta, Ga., was a recruiting staffer at Georgia from 2016 to 2020 — a period in which the Bulldogs had five consecutive top-five classes, including the No. 1 class in 2018 and 2020. Malchow’s first job was in the Alabama recruiting department; he then made stops at Boise State, Washington and Georgia before being lured to Texas A&M by Jimbo Fisher in January 2020.

What Malchow’s peers are saying:

• “He’s a top evaluator and leader in his role. He has done it at the highest level at multiple places. And he’s a great dude.”

• “They have firmly planted themselves among the best with the caliber of players they have committed this year, but the complete overhaul of the roster from Jimbo Fisher’s arrival to now is unbelievable.”

• “In the two years he’s been there, coming from Georgia, they’ve been able to become a national power in recruiting. The 2021 class they signed and 2022 class they are signing are special.”

LSU rumors have been all over the place this week. First it was Denbrock, then briles and now….Herman. Gonna be a wild next few days. Lol

Advertisement
I read this periodically and I have no idea who we have hired officially outside of Mirabal. Can someone give me an update of who is actually hired? I thought that the Oregon Samoan DL coach was seen on campus or was this just a rumor. Thanks.

I read this periodically and I have no idea who we have hired officially outside of Mirabal. Can someone give me an update of who is actually hired? I thought that the Oregon Samoan DL coach was seen on campus or was this just a rumor. Thanks.
Mario is the only official coach. No one has been announced not even Mirabal. T-Rob is telling kids he is staying and offering kids though. Mario is the only official hire

Advertisement
This thread isn’t really about Miami hires, it’s about the rapid movement of coaching changes around college football.

You don’t have to check this thread to find out about Miami hires, when a Miami hire is made there will be 100 other threads started by multiple people telling you who we hired.

If you want any info on what Miami is doing just check Cribby’s thread.

If you want to know who got hired at Southwest Oklahoma St, this is the place lol.

This thread isn’t really about Miami hires, it’s about the rapid movement of coaching changes around college football.

You don’t have to check this thread to find out about Miami hires, when a Miami hire is made there will be 100 other threads started by multiple people telling you who we hired.

If you want any info on what Miami is doing just check Cribby’s thread.

If you want to know who got hired at Southwest Oklahoma St, this is the place lol.Th
Thank you. As someone who is not a frequent poster, and being an old man, it is difficult to move around this board. Just the other day I asked my grandkid to show me how to use Twitter and Red It. LOL. Thank you.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back