Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Marion is highly regarded anyway
Right 🤣.. Marion my senior year in the Bay Area took a small private school from 1 win to the best season they’ve had since he left. When he was Howard as the OC with Cam Newton brother they upset UNLV. He’s been successful everywhere

Unfortunately that program is slowly burning to the ground. Distance will always be a factor, everybody recruits the islands now, resources are not there and they even lost Aloha Stadium as it wasn't maintained and is no longer considered safe (notice there are no more pro bowls in Hawaii). They literally play home games on what used to be an on campus practice field. And I wont even get into the COVID politics going on in Hawaii.

I wasn't initially a fan of the hire but I actually think he is doing a decent job under those circumstances.
I mean the way things are going there won't be enough players to field a team. He makes less than most coordinators...it's problematic. They have produced a few players over the years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it’s unrealistic. How many first round receivers has UM had in it‘s history? I think it’s Irvin, Eddie Brown, Randall Hill, Yatil Green, Santana, Wayne, and Andre Johnson. So that’s only seven for a program that has won five championships and played for many more over a 40 year period.
Yu forget phillip dorsett!

I still do, but oh well.

Hope he hits a homerun in the 23 class, because there’s a lot of really good high caliber RB’s in FL.
So LCE would you basically characterize Maestro at RB what Kul was as our DL coach? Bring him the groceries and he'll take care of the rest (developing/teaching)

I don't have an opinion on Jim Mastro one way or another, but I loved Travis Dye and CJ Verdell. They were very fun to watch the past few years.

He's got a long list of former 1000 yard rushers as a coach, too, some other guys I really liked watching (like Chance Kretschmer).

I don't have an opinion on Jim Mastro one way or another, but I loved Travis Dye and CJ Verdell. They were very fun to watch the past few years.

He's got a long list of former 1000 yard rushers as a coach, too, some other guys I really liked watching (like Chance Kretschmer).
Verdell and Dye will be NFL backs but other than them he doesn’t have much of an NFL footprint on guys coached. That’s a huge selling point in recruiting. Still a very good RB coach and that fact is more of a product of being at Nevada and Washington State and what you can actually do with those players you get at those schools.

On the other hand.. Bryan McClendon has a list a mile long of NFL RBs from Georgia. Maybe that will off-set a little bit

Advertisement
Verdell and Dye will be NFL backs but other than them he doesn’t have much of an NFL footprint on guys coached. That’s a huge selling point in recruiting. Still a very good RB coach and that fact is more of a product of being at Nevada and Washington State and what you can actually do with those players you get at those schools.

On the other hand.. Bryan McClendon has a list a mile long of NFL RBs from Georgia. Maybe that will off-set a little bit
Verdell & Dye were recruited & signed by Donte’ Pimpleton.

Advertisement
So LCE would you basically characterize Maestro at RB what Kul was as our DL coach? Bring him the groceries and he'll take care of the rest (developing/teaching)
No.

He is who he is, I don’t really care that much tbh.

It’s just in context to the 2023 class we have some high caliber monsters at RB in Florida & Mastro has never recruited the region before.

It won’t matter if he manages to land us a 5-star back & it’s probably not really a big deal to begin with, it’s just something that I wondered about that’s all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back