Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I always look forward to this thread every November/December. Just fascinates me how you guys are able to keep up with all of this stuff. And the movement is just insane. I don't know how coaches' families keep up with it especially with kids.
The money the money and the money.. Tell your wife we are securing our kids future. She is moving end of story.

He was a Chris Ault disciple from Nevada & was there for 23 years under him & spent 6 years at WAZZU on Mike Leach’s staff & spent the last 3 years as Mario’s LB’s coach at Oregon.

**** I wanted him to come as LB Coach. Ugh. Im tired of these young an inexperienced position coaches, give me someone with 10+ years coaching the position, that's we're the real development comes from, position coaches.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knowles to Ohio State is very interesting. Big change going from single high (Cover 4 under Barnes tbf) to the chaotic defense that Knowles will bring to the table.

Need to see what Ohio State's personnel groupings look like next year. They've got some weak groups (relatively speaking) next season and they could benefit from a high pressure scheme.

I remember when Cutcliffe hired him at Ole Miss. Relative unknown at the time but was running the 4-2-5 which was relatively rare at that time, and Cutcliffe wanted someone who ran that defense to address what was the emerging trend in spread offenses. Knowles bounced around different programs thereafter in the MAC,etc...even reuniting with Cutcliffe at Duke..always a highly respected coach who at times didn't coach for highly successful teams...amazing what happens when you have a few talented players lining up for you.

Advertisement
Staying in Tempe because Auburn doesn’t want any issues with what’s going on at ASU
Nah, the other way around.

He used to be Bryan Harsin’s OC at Boise St & after Harsin fired Mike Bobo he reached out to Zak, but Zak turned him down because he wants to stay on the West coast.

He also will likely be a candidate for the OC job at Oregon.

Advertisement
Where you think Graham Harrell ends up?
Ole Miss with Kiffin, Auburn with Harsin, or back to the NFL.

If Clemson loses Tony E, Dabo would behoove himself to bring him in, but Dabo doesn’t like Air Raid & he rarely hires outside coaches, he always promotes in-house.

He may even go back to North Texas with Seth Littrell.

Last edited:
Ole Miss with Kiffin, Auburn with Harsin, or back to the NFL.

If Clemson loses Tony E, Dabo would behoove himself to bring him in, but Dabo doesn’t like Air Raid & he rarely hires outside coaches, he always promotes in-house.

He may even go back to North Texas with Seth Littrell.

Ole Miss was my first thought too.

I'd be beyond shocked if Dabo brought him there. Of course he'd be smart too, but I can't even remotely see that happening.

With you though, I think Lane will make a run at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back