COACHING CANDIDATES THREAD (UPDATES, NEWS, THOUGHTS)

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with coaching abilities.
Have you read anything about this guy since his days at Boise State?
Why not just include Jon McVay and Bellichick on your wish list?

Dude, yes. He made it to the playoffs at Washington two years ago. Made it to a new years six bowl the past three seasons. I don't understand the hate.. He probably ain't leaving the west coast but he would be my choice. At least put the phone call in and inquire.

Advertisement
I want a coach who has mastered the bag game watching the playoff games yesterday we need to start pulling the elite players to compete at that level

Just don't hire the same Search Firm that came up with Richt, and CHANGE the Advisory Committee!!

Babers and Cristobal wont leave. Their schools will step up to keep them. Want no parts of Kiffin or Myers. Too much baggage.
Campbell is intriguing, but is he interested in a change?

I say bring in Butch until Diaz gets some experience with Temple.

Urban would kill it down here but he's got health issues. Venables has had opportunities before and passed. I doubt he's a viable option. I'm still on the fence with Mario. Babers I like a lot. Not sure what his interest would be. I want someone young and offensive minded. Someone in their mid 30s that could come in and kill it for 2 decades.

Venables has a son that is a junior in high school and has already committed to Clemson. He’s not going anywhere until his son graduated from Clemson.

Advertisement
Here’s an interesting name: mike gundy

He's clashed with his athletic department in the past about not getting the resources to compete as a top team in the country. Would love to see what he could do here.

Advertisement
Please no more old men, CEO types, fired clowns or guys on the downside of their career. Get me a guy who light up the scoreboard. Make this **** fun again and get the community and recruits excited about this place.
I complained about Richt being old too, but its more a state of mind than a number. I just want someone who is hungry, and can do more with less. Cause sfl diva recruits, gonna sfl diva recruits.

Venables has a son that is a junior in high school and has already committed to Clemson. He’s not going anywhere until his son graduated from Clemson.

Pretty sure that son is already on the team as a freshman, but he could have multiple kids. He pretty much said he won't leave until that kid has graduated.

Advertisement
Jeff Scott of Clemson?

Outstanding offense and top notch recruiter

Start winning more recruiting wars and we'll be back in contention by itself.

Urban, would've been my choice a year or two ago, but I'm not sure how much he's into it anymore. Instant credibility though, but likelt way out of our price range.

Venables would be my guy. I wouldn't leave his side until he said yes. These are the type of hires we used to make. Easily would rape recruiting and produce what we've always been known for, a dominant defense. He has the resume any recruit would look for production wise. He's energetic and it's his time. He knows what Clemson is about and how to best attack them.

Babers, nah, I will pass. Nice offense, but that only gets you so far.

I simply want Venebles.

Holy crap... I like this... He's a defensive guy all the way anyway, so he would probably look for a legit OC on top of that. This move would be amazing in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back