Coaches telling Johnson Jr. he's the top target at QB, visit upcoming

Ppl hated on Jon Richt but dude has delivered and upgraded his position To elite levels. The fact that in 2021 it’s even possible to think his room would include Perry, Williams, Johnson jr and Johnson is pure insanity. If that comes to fruition that is some QB U type stuff. And you’d be hard pressed to find another program with that type of depth at QB. Even as it’s stands now he’s done a great job.

Advertisement
I think he already knows his dad is on the staff at Oregon. So if he commits to UM I doubt he’ll suddenly have an epiphany a few months later and say to himself, “Hey wait a **** second. I forgot dad coaches at Oregon. I’m going to Oregon!”.
Thats not what I'm saying.
Im saying yall its all well and good him committing to us now. But what happens when he sees one of our Frosh Qb has won the starting job and has us vying for a playoff spot? Thats What my point is. Is he gunna wanna stick with us knowing he's got a frosh starting qb to beat out and 2 more current frosh qbs on the roster? ...OR ...is he gunna go to whats comfortable which is the school he practically lives at and his dad coaches at.

I'm just saying this dude isn't just a battle to get to commit, he's a major battle to keep....more so than most QB commits, who generally decommit the least.

Im saying yall its all well and good him committing to us now. But what happens when he sees one of our Frosh Qb has won the starting job and has us vying for a playoff spot? Thats What my point is. Is he gunna wanna stick with us knowing he's got a frosh starting qb to beat out and 2 more current frosh qbs on the roster? ...OR ...is he gunna go to whats comfortable which is the school he practically lives at and his dad coaches at.

I'm just saying this dude isn't just a battle to get to commit, he's a major battle to keep....more so than most QB commits, who generally decommit the least.

You'd have that situation with anybody.

Advertisement

If one of our Frosh QB's has us in the playoff then we'll live with whatever QB we get. We're not going to recruit less desired QB's because you're feeling insecure.

81499114.gif

Advertisement
Love this kid's ability and would love to have him. That being said I wonder what it is exactly that makes the staff prefer Johnson over Tyson Foamy Can. Foamy Can is the goods as well.

He talks about competing. I have to take the kid at his word. Same way Tua whatever his name is went to Bama even though Hurts had them one second away from a national title as a freshman.

Advertisement
It also won't hurt to show him our depth chart at WR, RB and TE which is better than pretty much every school he is checking out.

Just show him highlights of the guys we brought in 2018 and he should be drooling to play with those guys (Pope, Jordan, Lingard, Hightower, Davis, Mallory, George, Ezzard and Wiggins).

If we land Johnson Jr, after the amazing offensive class we just brought in 2018, we will scare the **** out of the nation.

Now lets load up that defense!

Last edited:
If Jon Richt and pops pull this one off that QB room sitting with some serious young talent. Some posters might have to get off that "why he taking up a staff position" BS.
I think he needs to be recruiting more than qbs he seems to be a solid recruiter

I think he needs to be recruiting more than qbs he seems to be a solid recruiter

Who says he's not? Not directing this at you at all, but people still need to realize that EVERYONE on staff recruits multiple positions. Sometimes it's based on region, or prior relationship, or background, or any number of other factors.

Advertisement
Yes, but to a lesser extent.
Ultimately his dad is a on-field coach at a big time P5 Program that spends a lot of money on football.

Problem is that the program has had a carousel of coaches since Chip left. I think Cristobal will be successful there but I am not sure would be willing to bank his sons future on that.

Advertisement
Back