Coaches on the rise

Advertisement
Dorito will be lucky to find a job after they leave here. His defense has been abysmal.

I'm really tired of up and coming coaches. When the time comes the university needs to open up their vault and pay for a proven coach!!!! No margin for error, or you can kiss the program bye bye.

Advertisement
Proven coaches don't come up for sale. What proven coaches would possibly be available?

Thanks, Al.

That is true but we can hope that Texas has a bad year, really doubtful, and they fire Strong. There were talks last year that he wasn't that keen on being chummy with all the good ole boy/oil money boosters at Texas. Hopefully he gets axed they pay a buy out and we get him on the cheap.

Advertisement
Proven coaches don't come up for sale. What proven coaches would possibly be available?

Thanks, Al.

That is true but we can hope that Texas has a bad year, really doubtful, and they fire Strong. There were talks last year that he wasn't that keen on being chummy with all the good ole boy/oil money boosters at Texas. Hopefully he gets axed they pay a buy out and we get him on the cheap.

I'd be ok with that scenario.

Somethings that caught my interest in this piece. First Fuente was Recruited by Howard, so he probably knows about UM and its culture of wining. He also was a former Qb coach who helped develop Andy Dalton which would be good thing for Brad.

Also, this is a side note but Gary Patterson said this “It's kind of like when I want to learn something on defense. I don't go to somewhere where they have better players. I go somewhere where they're doing more with less". This is something Al has never done, he is too busy visiting NFL coaches like the Cowboys and Seahawks that have top tier talent.

Lets see how he does this year before you guys dismiss him. If he has a repeat of last year and for example beats Ole Miss, he will definitely be a candidate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Thanks, Al.

I think Butch Davis is available. Went pretty well the last time he was in charge...

Go Canes!

It just makes too much sense to bring in a guy like Butch with his experience, burning desire to make up for what he considers a mistake, and willingness to probably work cheaper than Folden.

Like many of our fan base, our BOT is too butt hurt over the past situation to recognize the above factors faaaar outweigh any risk. If your not going to go big and hire a big name...hire Butch short term and try and get this demolished train back on track.

UM

Thanks, Al.

I think Butch Davis is available. Went pretty well the last time he was in charge...

Go Canes!

It just makes too much sense to bring in a guy like Butch with his experience, burning desire to make up for what he considers a mistake, and willingness to probably work cheaper than Folden.

Like many of our fan base, our BOT is too butt hurt over the past situation to recognize the above factors faaaar outweigh any risk. If your not going to go big and hire a big name...hire Butch short term and try and get this demolished train back on track.

UM

Can you imagine who would want to come after Butch re-stocked the shelves?! People would be kicking down the door begging to be that guy. Thank you for the MacLaren Super Car. Off to another NC.

Go Canes!

Yeah ... EVERYBODY wanted the UNC job after he was fired!

LOL

Some of y'all think of Butch Davis the way my 5 year old thinks of Santa Claus ...

Thanks, Al.

Go Canes!

UM

Can you imagine who would want to come after Butch re-stocked the shelves?! People would be kicking down the door begging to be that guy. Thank you for the MacLaren Super Car. Off to another NC.

Go Canes!

Yeah ... EVERYBODY wanted the UNC job after he was fired!

LOL

Some of y'all think of Butch Davis the way my 5 year old thinks of Santa Claus ...

Thanks, Al.

Go Canes!

UM

Go Canes!

Massive NCAA investigation had nothing to do with people being scared of the North Carolina job?

Does your 5 year old believe that Santa is a phenomenal football coach? Then you my friend have a very wise 5 year old.

Advertisement
Back