Coaches hitting the recruiting trail

It’s how recruiting goes, just how bama “offer” kids you know everyone of those aren’t exactly commutable until they see them in a camp setting in front of them. For a while it seemed we were slow playing the Hodges db recent commit but he eventually committed right? Same thing could happen with restrepo.

They saw Restrepo in camp.

Advertisement
We all want Restrepo but man I'm starting to think he's Coach Macho's son lol. He's a good player but has not put out elite film yet for two highly coveted positions at Miami (WR or DB). He's got the mindset, verified measrables, camp highlights, etc. but let's see him ball out this year and make our staff take him.
Knew one of you cornballs would pull this card. 🙄

I never even said we should take him, I've just been updating the board cause I know people on here are fans. All I'm saying is to not give the kid mixed signals.

I

I never even said we should take him, I've just been updating the board cause I know people on here are fans. All I'm saying is to not give the kid mixed signals.

I
You had no connection with him prior to him coming to Deerfield right? It seems he’s thoroughly impressed you since he’s transferred which is good in my book

Advertisement
I understand and agree on the communication part. My thing is this, nobody was falling over themselves for this kid until he transferred to Deerfield and you began to provide insight on his play and skill set in “7 v 7” and “practice.” Now all of sudden we just have to him.
Ehhh, I don't know about that.
There's people on here who have liked him since he was at STA.

Advertisement
I

I’m just giving you a hard time man. Appreciate all the insight!

Advertisement
Yeah but as everything take it with a grain of salt. People here see he’s killing in practice and now they are acting like if they we don’t sign him we’re doomed
Who’s acting like we’re doomed if we don’t sign him?

Some of us wanted him here before Coach Macheau even became associated with him. This guy is a football player. He’s the sort of guy you win with. He might be a little shorter than some of the guys we seem to be prioritizing, but I like him better. I’m glad Macheau likes him too, and I appreciate his updates.

Who’s acting like we’re doomed if we don’t sign him?

Some of us wanted him here before Coach Macheau even became associated with him. This guy is a football player. He’s the sort of guy you win with. He might be a little shorter than some of the guys we seem to be prioritizing, but I like him better. I’m glad Macheau likes him too, and I appreciate his updates.

There a multiple talking about this will be a huge mistake if we don’t sign him. Also, I’ve already acknowledged that some liked him prior to his Deerfield transfer. I didnt say there was anything wrong with the updates. I said certain are panicking because they see the updates and think omg we have to get this guy

There a multiple talking about this will be a huge mistake if we don’t sign him. Also, I’ve already acknowledged that some liked him prior to his Deerfield transfer. I didnt say there was anything wrong with the updates. I said certain are panicking because they see the updates and think omg we have to get this guy
Haven’t seen anyone panicking over Restreppo. There’s generally a lot of passion on this board, and people have gone haywire over various recruits over the years. What I’m seeing, so far, on this dude is pretty tame in comparison.

Advertisement
What does it say
He's gained 20 lbs since last year so he's 260 now. He's gone from basically no offers to having 25 now in a few months. Academics seem really important to him. USC offered and he was very pumped about that. Looks like he'll definitely visit USC, Miami, and Duke. Stanford will probably offer and would be big as well.

One thing I hope Diaz understands about local recruiting is that there are a couple kids each year you take and take relatively early, even if they arent at the top of your list as the ideals for their position. Those are the kids who are local, tough, bleed orange and green, make plays and worst case are solid, just off-prototype a bit. Bandy, e.g. You can count on them being competitive on the roster. And they tend to surprise on the upside. And rep us locally. Maybe Restreppo this cycle.

Advertisement
Back