• Coach D

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Coach E

Votes: 31 40.8%

• Total voters

Juanka

TRANQUILO Y TROPICAL
Premium
If Diaz doesn't survive, there will be some glaring issues our next coming will need to fix.

Below are some of the coaching candidate's team stats. I didn't add names on purpose to strictly go based on numbers. I know some things aside from stats are important, such as recruiting, familiarity with FL high schools, W/L history, and experience. I wanted to, however, provide a few team stats to compare with some plausible coaching candidates we've all mentioned on the board. We all have our favorites and reasons why, but numbers never lie (sometimes); some candidates play in a more challenging division, don't have the same resources, or can suffer a down year.

Regardless, these are the #'s

Stats -

Miami Hurricanes 2021 - Penalties YPG 112th, total offense 40th, total defense 76th, and sacks allowed per game 113th.

Below are the 2019 or 2021 coaching candidate's team stats (Just one coaches team stat from 2019)

Coach A - Penalties YPG 8th, total offense 76th, total defense 23rd, and sacks allowed per game 56th. Bonus - Passing YPG 101 and rushing YPG 26th

Coach B- Penalties YPG 122th, total offense 46th, total defense 84th, and sacks allowed per game 28th. Bonus - Passing YPG 74h and rushing YPG 29th

Coach C- Penalties YPG 129th, total offense 3rd, 100th total defense, and sacks allowed per game 73rd. Bonus - Passing YPG 27th and rushing YPG 5th

Coach D - Penalties YPG 119th, total offense 13th, total defense 89th, and sacks allowed per game 110th. Bonus - Passing YPG 20th and rushing YPG 46th

Coach E - Penalties YPG 121, total offense 45th, total defense 14th, and sacks allowed per game 126th. Bonus - Passing YPG 68th and rushing YPG 48th

Which coaching candidate would you pick?

I wanted to point out something I heard Zo the other day say about running the ball more. Every candidate is in the top 50 in YPG rushing. Something I found interesting.

These are the links I used.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
chimp win.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just an observation, but aside from coach A, the other 4 coaches are horrible in regards to penalties.
Nobody wants their team to commit a ton of penalties but generally, more aggressive teams will have more penalties. You want your pass rushers to get off the ball as fast as possible? You’re going to get off sides penalties. You want your DBs to play physical? You’re going to get PI and holding calls. Most coaches will live with agression related penalties. But the stupid ones like false starts and illegal substitution will drive them crazy.

Also, while I am a big numbers guy, you still have to provide context in terms of schedule when you compare statistics. Of course a team that’s played a ton of cupcakes will have better statistics than a team that’s played a bunch of ranked opponents.

Advertisement
He called a hooker on a work phone.

I just can't overlook that level of stupidity.
lololol we need that at miami....coach wit some balls and just doesn't gaf, joking aside i was all down for freeze until the syracuse game. Wouldn't be mad at it only if we missed out on Lane.

I picked E before realizing it was an unrealistic hire as the school would never hire him. You should swap out Herman and Freeze for more realistic hires like Napier, Chadwell, and whoever else.

Advertisement
Back