Coaches Association asks NCAA to address players faking injuries

I don't think sitting out 'x' number of plays would help.

You just bring out your third string walk-on when the play is over and injure himself on the way to the field.

I'm an idiot truck driver and *I* thought of that in five seconds.

FWIW, I hate the flopping too.

Maybe the first one in a quarter, no penalty. Every one after that, you get charged with a TO, and if there are no more TO's, you add one to the opposing players team, or a five yard delay of game penalty.
I think you could account for the walk on situation pretty easily using some of the same guidelines you gave - if a player that was not part of the previous play injures himself before the next play starts it is a timeout. If it happens a 2nd time or if they have no timeouts, it is a unsportsmen like conduct penalty - maybe you give the a flyer the first time it happens if they have no timeouts.

Advertisement
"Ethics Committee"

What about raping kids in the shower, or encouraging sexual assault in the locker room (Michigan) and on the field (Clemson)?

What about paying for recruits?

Covering for the players in criminal cases and academic integrity?

Injury flopping is the top of their list. Great.

1613599470902.png

Tom Osborne stopped coaching in 97 only three years before Butch dipped and actually won multiple titles as the head coach. You think Nebraska fans still bring him up on their message board as much as Miami fans bring up a guy who in his entire coaching career is 2-13 against his biggest in-state rivals? And if he hadn't seen UF in a bowl game would just be 1-13 in the in-state conference rivalry game. Going 0fer against the likes of Tom O'Brien, Lane Kiffin and now Willie Taggart. Imagine sucking his D and harping on the fact that he beat the school you root for. Weirdos

4F7D2A7C-411B-42F7-9F8A-F0325461EEC4.gif

Advertisement
Back