Coaches Association asks NCAA to address players faking injuries

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
What is Butch going to do?

"The American Football Coaches Association has asked the NCAA rules committee to take up the issue of players faking injuries when it meets next month.

The AFCA Ethics Committee voted in January to recommend that the NCAA rules committee address the practice, which has caused tension within the sport for years. Rather than use a timeout, defensive players will often fake an injury in order to stop the clock and slow the momentum of the opposing offense.

"Our Ethics Committee, which suggests rules changes to the NCAA, said by unanimous consent that this has got to stop," said AFCA Executive Director Todd Berry. "So they asked the Rules Committee to do something about it. It's bad for football."

Advertisement
Was Todd Berry at Miami back awhile as a QB coach or something or am I confusing him with some one else?

Was Todd Berry at Miami back awhile as a QB coach or something or am I confusing him with some one else?
You may be thinking of this guy
1F866FA4-6BCF-42E6-A317-02AC8C5287F1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Something along these lines - you need to sit out the series or at least a certain amount of plays.

Although I wonder how many players will all of the sudden start having equipment come off at the end of a play.
If you cause stoppage, for whatever reason...equipment or injury, you should be out for at least 8 plays.

Not as severe as a full drive, to not punish kids that really do cramp up, but sever enough to deter the fake injuries.

I say you add equipment failure too, bc realistically, what type of equipment failure is there that would cause you to not be able to get off the field? None.

Advertisement
If you cause stoppage, for whatever reason...equipment or injury, you should be out for at least 8 plays.

Not as severe as a full drive, to not punish kids that really do cramp up, but sever enough to deter the fake injuries.

I say you add equipment failure too, bc realistically, what type of equipment failure is there that would cause you to not be able to get off the field? None.
My point was that if say a helmet pops off, but you are right - that doesn't usually stop plays so I don't think it is an issue like I was originally thinking.

He built the Greatest CFB team ever....this site wouldn't exist without him....GO CANES!!
Butch was/is a good coach - I think most of us can agree upon that

Butch has beaten Miami with lesser talent several times - fact

Miami losing to FIU was unacceptable - fact

Butch was the right choice for Miami during recent coaching searches - debatable

Butch having his players fake injuries was bull**** and an insult to the game - fact

I say you add equipment failure too, bc realistically, what type of equipment failure is there that would cause you to not be able to get off the field? None
Wilson throwing one of his OWN shoes..🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Back