Coach to keep an eye on

Advertisement
They beat Stanford in 89 I believe which was the biggest upset in NCAA tourney history (by seed) at the time. They also had a really good run in 2008-2010 with Fran McCaffrey as HC (currently at Iowa).

Several times in their history they’ve had momentum and the administration always seems to squander it. Not to say they could be as big as Gonzaga is right now, but it goes to show what can be done, even at a small private university, if everyone is aligned with the same goals.
I know zero about the school, but they gifted us Jack McClinton and for that I’ll always be a Siena fan.

you guys have it all wrong. AD is the position we need to upgrade. Who are some notable AD's that have an eye for the up and coming coaching talent? We need a decapitation at the athletic dept.. Until the board has the wherewithal to replace the current AD none of this matters.

Would you want Rick Pitino associated with your school, especially if you were a religious institution? Exactly. Unfortunately, we live in a country where rational, sane people would look the other way at pedophilia, if it meant that the football team won games.

Siena would be best served finding a coach worth a **** without Pitino's baggage and paying him. Eventually, if he wins enough, he's going to leave anyway, because Siena has a ceiling. Then rinse and repeat. Problem is that it's difficult to string successful hires together. There's a reason why most blue blood schools, even with their resources have down periods, because all it takes is a couple of bad hires and you're in the dumps for a decade.
I could make a long list of priests that are still employed that I wouldn’t want associated with me if I were a religious institution, lol.

Advertisement
Coach to keep a eye on..Scott frost..satterfield..possibly bring back butch..all the CIS throwbacks

People here are already worried about him leaving us for his alma mater Siena

It’s also not a good fit culturally. Not a south Florida guy bro.

Ok now that’s out of the way, I agree. Very intriguing coach he has some really interesting experience
You nailed all the specific gripes. Well played Sir.

Hafley loves it at BC, and they love him back. They have more optimism than they’ve had in a very long time. I could see them ponying up to keep him.

Advertisement
Thought I saw somewhere here a person mention Rex Ryan may have been in play at one point? I cannot think of a better coach to handle the Miami Hurricanes than him lol Ever since I saw that it just seemed like a match made in heaven. I'm a Pats fan so I disliked him for a while but man his players love him and he's a defensive guru. His personality would mesh perfectly with Miami.

As much as I’d like to dream with y’all, this thread is naive.

EVEN IF they moved on from Blake and Manny, they would just promote Strawley to AD and likely bring in Mario. That’s the Miami thing to do. That’s the type of move they’ve shown us they’d make in the past, no reason to think otherwise.

As much as I’d like to dream with y’all, this thread is naive.

EVEN IF they moved on from Blake and Manny, they would just promote Strawley to AD and likely bring in Mario. That’s the Miami thing to do. That’s the type of move they’ve shown us they’d make in the past, no reason to think otherwise.
History has shown us we could do MUCH worse than Mario

Advertisement
Coach to keep a eye on..Scott frost..satterfield..possibly bring back butch..all the CIS throwbacks

If Lashlee moves on next year...Frost would be a good candidate for OC in my humble opinion and will likely be available.

Advertisement
Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

Jeff Hafley from BC.

that is all.
Yes. Surely he can win the ACC and get us to title 6. Or we can just manage our expectations and hope for someone to win 10 games and the occasional Coastal.

Advertisement
Back