Coach Stubblefield Discusses Wide Receiver Signees

LoL, you just highlighted the point i was making you just named 5 guys that were signed by coach richt, we were discussing receivers, we'll see how redding and the boys pan out, and you just causually committed defilement by mentioning redding in the same breath as Ahmon. If redding comes in as a True freshman and gets on a pace to breaks Ahmons record, than you would be justified, but as of right now, redding has done about as much as evidence(left almost none that gave us any indication he was an actual receiver) njoku.
Bro..this is legitimately the new staffs first recruiting class..your position is from the standpoint they’ve been here 3 years already..I know it’s been a long season and that makes it feel like they have been but they haven’t.

as far as Redding and Richards..dont misconstrued what I said. Idk if he will be as productive as 82 was as a freshman. Never did I say he will break 82s records. BUT the measurables are the same if not better. Your premise was recruiting “Miami speed” on offense. my point is we have that in Pope and wiggins. Then you add a specimen like Redding. That fills that void. His production was down in HS because of the offense he played in. On the camp circuit the raw ability from all accounts shined..he is nothing like evidence Njoku bro.. HR hitters: you add Knighton and Don to go with Lingard...every player we landed at offensive skill spots look like Miami players should look coming in..there were no reaches or head scratchers

Advertisement
You can look at everything in a super basic way ie: coach coaches position and coach signs position players, but that’s not always how it works.
Of course it’s not..ofc a position coach doesn’t just recruit for his position..I’m very aware of that. But here on CIS y’all like to simplify it as such. So, if coach X comes in, improves the play of his position group, then reels in a good crop for his position, how can you turn around in say he can’t recruit?..are u sure you are not giving the credit to another coach just because you heard enough posters here who knew absolutely nothing about stubberfield pior to Miami say he’s not a good coach or recruiter..or are you going based off results ?

Like Liberty says as long as this dude is our WR coach we aren’t signing any S Fla WRs

Some argue that look at who he’s signed blah blah blah to each there own. I think his track record at other schools tells you recruiting isn’t his thing, but for those saying he landed 3 WR (which Daz came because of Enos and Restrepo was coming anyways and Redding’s dad is a huge canes fan) that’s fine. But for this school I’d rather have a dude that can coach kids up, vibe with kids and have relationship with S Fla schools. Stubbs doesn’t check all these boxea
We all know what and who Stubbs is....he needs to roll out with enos.

Wide receivers are average to me. Hopefully they prove me wrong

Bro..this is legitimately the new staffs first recruiting class..your position is from the standpoint they’ve been here 3 years already..I know it’s been a long season and that makes it feel like they have been but they haven’t.

as far as Redding and Richards..dont misconstrued what I said. Idk if he will be as productive as 82 was as a freshman. Never did I say he will break 82s records. BUT the measurables are the same if not better. Your premise was recruiting “Miami speed” on offense. my point is we have that in Pope and wiggins. Then you add a specimen like Redding. That fills that void. His production was down in HS because of the offense he played in. On the camp circuit the raw ability from all accounts shined..he is nothing like evidence Njoku bro.. HR hitters: you add Knighton and Don to go with Lingard...every player we landed at offensive skill spots look like Miami players should look coming in..there were no reaches or head scratchers

I never said they werent Miami caliber, maybe you should go back and read what i was responding, however, point is, the receivers brought in were not blazers in highschool the way coach richt recruited them. And since we got an OC that hasnt put a premium on speed receivers much, cause he runs a methodical, time consuming offense and defenses as of now do not have to fear the consistent big play threats. But do i like the receivers we brought in, redding looks legit, restrepo is a hardworker and good athlete and daz needs to get 100% healthy. As for dee wiggins and pope, if pope was smart he would've redshirted, but he let his selfishness get in the way, while he does have speed, his work ethic is not what it needs to be or should be in order to maximize his talent and at his size, he really needs to be putting in the work, these guys think working hard just means during practice, which means the real missing link to the program is clear, swasey is no longer in the fold so you dont hear about guys coming back to workout, when we had guys consistently coming back to work out, the young players could see 1st hand what it took, plus the players got motivated when they would see whst the guys were pulling up in the parking lot with as well, just another disconnect this program has.

While i do think coach feely is a good S&C coach, him alone cant create the hardworking culture we once had. On to dee wiggins, he's a game ready player, but enos already does not use him to his strengths, for some odd reason they keep trying to go to dee on 3rd downs to run slant routes, and he's about 1 for 7 on those, about the lone one being where he caught that one his freshman year and got kind of blasted by Nasirildeen. We got an oc that's taking to long to figure out how to use the guys to their strengths, but we'll see what happens!

Advertisement
Was Stubbs the main recruiter for these kids?? What I would like to know if if Stubbs can actually recruit. XR was begging for an offer so I'm not counting him in.

Btw, love the signing but I have a legitimate concern about Stubbs ability to relate to the kids

All that speed literally blocks from campus and we still struggle. Burn it down.

Advertisement
Stubbs was an incredibly productive WR in CFB. He clearly knows how to play the position at a high level.

By all accounts, he's a strong technician. He also seems to be an effective teacher, if you watch the videos of him conducting drills.

IMHO, the only question is his ability to recruit. This class was solid. Not spectacular but solid. Having players that are physical, use their bodies effectively, catch consistently & have good attitudes is a very good thing. Michael Irvin wasn't a blazer & he's a Cane legend & NFL HOFer with superbowl rings. You need consistent production at the WR position in addition to higher beta blazers who can be a little inconsistent at times.

We also very much need players with strong work ethics who are great teammates & committed to changing the culture of the program. If we were to recruit a bunch of divas & things don't go well, we could end up looking again like we did against FIU & Duke.

Maybe you can look at this group as bringing us to 8-9 wins (a step in the right direction) at which point it will be easier to bring in top WRs who can then take us up to elite status (11+ wins). In other words, sometimes you have to walk before you can run.

Perhaps Stubbs can focus more on recruiting going forward & refine his recruiting game (it would really help if he had the appropriate support, if you know what I mean).

We'd all like to see WRs like Brett Perriman, Andre Johnson, Randall Hill & Kevin Williams going forward. At its best, Miami killed opponents with speed at every position (not just WR). Hoping very much Coach Stubbs can get us back to that.

This receiver class does very little to improve our current situation. That's how I judge it. Worsham is not healthy and isn't a better take than Fleming. Restrepo projects better on defense and special teams. Redding should be a contributor but he's not a #1 receiver.

This receiver class does very little to improve our current situation. That's how I judge it. Worsham is not healthy and isn't a better take than Fleming. Restrepo projects better on defense and special teams. Redding should be a contributor but he's not a #1 receiver.
Redding is not a #1 type of receiver based on what? People just say anything on here. Restrepo can play on both sides of the ball and is athletic enough to do so. Jury is still out on worsham but if you back and watch his sophomore and junior film he’s legit. This year they lost the qb who went to Alabama last year and then had a new starter that got hurt and then their backup got hurt so their passing game suffered this year

Advertisement
It's a good but not elite crop. Redding has the highest upside, and you can't discount Daz & Restrepos ability to run routes and consistently catch the ball. We lost a burner in JT4 but we still have Dee, Pope, and Harley who can fly so I think we have a diverse mixture of guys. What the room is missing is a true alpha dog but lots of programs outside the top 6 are all saying that too.

Redding is not a #1 type of receiver based on what? People just say anything on here. Restrepo can play on both sides of the ball and is athletic enough to do so. Jury is still out on worsham but if you back and watch his sophomore and junior film he’s legit. This year they lost the qb who went to Alabama last year and then had a new starter that got hurt and then their backup got hurt so their passing game suffered this year
People just say anything? Try this, pollyanna: the separation Redding gets at the high school level is based upon superior athleticism. He goes against DBs no faster than him who are much smaller. I question very strongly how well he is going to make and shed blocks against larger DBs the way he will be asked in college. He is not going to be beating any DBs by speed anymore. None of our receivers created separarion last year and there are no decoys to take the heat off of him. He will need to win-consistently- one on one matchups. He's had zero training to do that this year as IMG neither targeted nor threw him the ball. His route running and blocking technique must improve. His pass catching will be tested in a way it has not been in high school. He is not a plug and play day 1 contributor.

I was studying football film before you were an imagination of your parents' minds.

MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO SIGN AN ELITE WIDE RECEIVER, WHO CAN SCARE YOU vertically and has all of the tools that make up a great receiver! THAT #1 WR IS NEED ON THIS TEAM ......

Advertisement
MIAMI HURRICANES NEED TO SIGN AN ELITE WIDE RECEIVER, WHO CAN SCARE YOU vertically and has all of the tools that make up a great receiver! THAT #1 WR IS NEED ON THIS TEAM ......
That sounds like a 6’2 195 pound receiver with a 41 inch vertical and 4.54 40 yard dash, oh wait we got him in this class already...

Because in my opinion he didn’t have a ton to do with the final decision. Seems like a nice guy who knows how to play WR (look at his college career) but SFla kids are different and they need someone they can trust and all our posters who know Miami recruiting say he’s not gonna help he will actually hurt us
I really wanna know how could he hurt us?

Advertisement
Back