Coach Stubblefield Discusses Wide Receiver Signees

Dude I get not liking a coach but you just discounted all three signings. Really he doesn’t get any credit for any of them?

All of a sudden he’s a stud recruiter?? He obviously has a ton of help, he had no previous relationship to any of the schools. Either way I’ll play your game and Perfect he signed three stud WR. He’s still not going to land any SFla Stud WR and according to Manny that’s our first obligation to recruit S Fla. we can find a guy with SFla ties and relationships that would do just as good of a job

Advertisement
All of a sudden he’s a stud recruiter?? He obviously has a ton of help, he had no previous relationship to any of the schools. Either way I’ll play your game and Perfect he signed three stud WR. He’s still not going to land any SFla Stud WR and according to Manny that’s our first obligation to recruit S Fla. we can find a guy with SFla ties and relationships that would do just as good of a job
I dont Mind stubb(can we do better? Of course). he didn’t do bad at all recruiting wise and imo I saw Improvement in most of our receivers under him which we didn’t see with dugans let’s be real. Going foward we can have fields help him recruit too, that’s what most colleges do. Have their best recruiters recruit other players not necessarily at their position.

Last edited:
I’m not saying he’s a stud recruiter but you made an excuse as to why each of the three signing had nothing to do with him.

Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s a stud recruiter but you made an excuse as to why each of the three signing had nothing to do with him.

Because in my opinion he didn’t have a ton to do with the final decision. Seems like a nice guy who knows how to play WR (look at his college career) but SFla kids are different and they need someone they can trust and all our posters who know Miami recruiting say he’s not gonna help he will actually hurt us

How many example do you need to see before you realize a guy with “S Fla ties” is a unicorn. That coach doesn’t exist when it comes to elite players.

Because in my opinion he didn’t have a ton to do with the final decision. Seems like a nice guy who knows how to play WR (look at his college career) but SFla kids are different and they need someone they can trust and all our posters who know Miami recruiting say he’s not gonna help he will actually hurt us
I guess we just disagree because I don’t see how you can give no credit to a wide receiver coach when 3 receiver signed.

Advertisement
I guess we just disagree because I don’t see how you can give no credit to a wide receiver coach when 3 receiver signed.

Neither of us know so you know what I’ll just agree with you because the easiest way to go is say he did it because he coaches the position.

BUT next year when all the top S Fla WR go elsewhere some bags, some bags we could match, but either way I don’t want to see the Stubbs supporters being disappointed @Liberty City El warned us. I mean if Stubbs is still here.

Enos brought Barry and Stubbs, so just like Manny being hired you really think those 2 happen to both work with enos and HAPpEN to be the best choices?

Last edited:
Blah blah blah. Weak class. Spare me that Berrios talk. We are recruiting elite teams plan D guys. He’s another coach who thinks he’s smarter than the game. 2 guys w limited ability and 1 who shouldn’t even have a scholly.

Neither of us know so you know what I’ll just agree with you because the easiest way to go is say he did it because he coaches the position.

BUT next year when all the top S Fla WR go elsewhere some bags, some bags we could match, but either way I don’t want to see the Stubbs supporters being disappointed @Liberty City El warned us. I mean if Stubbs is still here.

Enos brought Barry and Stubbs, so just like Manny being hired you really think those 2 happen to both work with enos and HAPpEN to be the best choices?
Who are the top receivers in south Florida next cycle outside of jacory brooks and Brinson ? There really isn’t much, as it stands now I’m higher than most now on jakolby George but he already decommitted. Brooks seems sec bound and Brinson was recently offered by Clemson And is getting Recruited hard by LSU too.

Advertisement
Its a Meh WR class.

We just lost our only real speed burner and explosive playmaker in Thomas and we don't even try to recruit one this cycle.

Redding is a nice prospect. Only one with real upside. Nice body control and frame.
Worsham is an OK prospect. Hip injury is no joke.
Restrepo is an OK prospect. If we were at Championship level we wouldn't even consider him.

None of these guys have blazing speed.

What happened to MIAMI SPEED? We used to recruit track guys that played football. We don't even look at them anymore.

lol. Kevin Williams, Horace Copeland, Santana Moss all track guys.

I remember when that Aquinas had that kid Greene that went to FSU that was higher rated because he was "more polished, better route runner, blah,blah,blah" . Yet Phillip Dorsett was the one with blazing speed and quickness and turned out to be the better player.

I remember people here talking down Anthony Schwartz because he was more track than football. Looks like he's doing well for Auburn.

WTF has happened to this program's ability to evaluate talent?
Let me ask you. Which WR would you prefer. Reggie Wayne or Santana Moss? Yeah, it's nice to have fast guys, but it's even nicer to have guys that run great routes, have great hands, and know how to use every part of their body to play the position, not just foot speed.
I dont Mind stubb(can we do better? Of course). he didn’t do bad at all recruiting wise and imo I saw Improvement in most of our receivers under him which we didn’t see with dugans let’s be real. Going foward we can have fields help him recruit too, that’s what most colleges do. Have their best recruiters recruit other players not necessarily at their position.
Yeah, I don't get the hate for the guy. If we had a QB that could see WRs running open, we'd be really happy with him. If we had a QB coach and OC worth a crap, Stubblefield would never be mentioned in a negative light. The O is hideous, but it's not because of WR play.

Last edited:
Who are the top receivers in south Florida next cycle outside of jacory brooks and Brinson ? There really isn’t much, as it stands now I’m higher than most now on jakolby George but he already decommitted. Brooks seems sec bound and Brinson was recently offered by Clemson And is getting Recruited hard by LSU too.

Fair enough, but this will be a yearly thing. Just feel we can do a lot better at many coaching positions and that includes WR

Like Liberty says as long as this dude is our WR coach we aren’t signing any S Fla WRs

Some argue that look at who he’s signed blah blah blah to each there own. I think his track record at other schools tells you recruiting isn’t his thing, but for those saying he landed 3 WR (which Daz came because of Enos and Restrepo was coming anyways and Redding’s dad is a huge canes fan) that’s fine. But for this school I’d rather have a dude that can coach kids up, vibe with kids and have relationship with S Fla schools. Stubbs doesn’t check all these boxea

who cares if you sign a SFL guy or not. if the kid has talent and can play, sign him up. i dont give a **** where a kid was shot out of the womb 17 years ago

Advertisement
Playing WR is not only about speed. Everyone is fast these days. That's why our WR never open cause they think cause they fast its enough. But you have to run routes to put moves on DB so they react then you create that separation once they react to your moves. Everybody can run now a day. Michael irvin wasn't fast he used his body and moves. That will help the slot speedsters.

Advertisement
Back