Coach Rumph Mic'd up and Practice Highlights!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last clip. Turn the **** around MJ.
dbs are scaredto turn around because they feel if they look the ball gets into the wrs hands and thats that. Its a double edged sword pretty much, if u have a dominant position then u can confidently turn around and most dbs never have good position in todays game guys r always open pretty much.......and they will never turn there head if they think someone has a step on them cuz then that wr is gone.

Advertisement
If you’re already beat on a deep route, trust me you are not turning your head around. At that point your job is to catch up and play through the hands. Now if he was in his pocket the whole route then his head should turn when ball is in the air.

Advertisement
dbs are scaredto turn around because they feel if they look the ball gets into the wrs hands and thats that. Its a double edged sword pretty much, if u have a dominant position then u can confidently turn around and most dbs never have good position in todays game guys r always open pretty much.......and they will never turn there head if they think someone has a step on them cuz then that wr is gone.

I maybe be wrong, but I think this was more a situational drill. Rumph is teaching the DB's to play smart and eliminate certain possibilities based on probabilities. What hash and where the WR is in the end zone elimanates certain passes and this is how you play those situations. I could be wrong, the clip is clearly edited. That was my take awa, we may being saying the same thing.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
*Jesus, Bandy is quick. That route is so hard to cover. (whip route)

*That's a great play by Jackson. Harley had a step on him. You never look back when you're out of phase, only when you get back in phase.
Whip and double moves hardest to cover.. curls and slants yum yum!

I maybe be wrong, but I think this was more a situational drill. Rumph is teaching the DB's to play smart and eliminate certain possibilities based on probabilities. What hash and where the WR is in the end zone elimanates certain passes and this is how you play those situations. I could be wrong, the clip is clearly edited. That was my take awa, we may being saying the same thing.

Go Canes!
Yea the drill was focused on other things then turning around, I was pointing out just why dbs dont turn around.

Advertisement
Back