Coach Richt's Recruiting

imurcane

Banned
Banned
It seems to me that there are a lot of negative thoughts about what he is doing on the recruiting trail. Comparing his Ga ties to Golden's Jersey ties. SFLA is hot bed of talent, why go anywhere else?

If there isn't this response it is coming, trust Richt he will get it done.

It seems to me that many of us swing from extreme to extreme.

Has Richt won enough, recruited quality players, and developed enough kids to warrant any benefit of the doubt?

From my perspective I want to see how he has grown in the big game? He has lost a game he shouldn't have lost it seems like every season. UF had a **** of a run, but he didn't get over that hump very often. He also has had some gaps in his recruiting, namely at quarterback. His defenses had all world talent, but never seemed to be strong.

AND YET he won, ALOT.

SO . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Where is the negative stuff? I dont see it?

Also doesnt Richt have a QB in the pro bowl this year?

Most of the board has been positive. Just a few primadonnas freaking out about Bruce is all.

Richt is an excellent recruiter and the best one we've had since butch. I have full faith in him

Yea I don't see the negative. Also what do you expect him to do with a month of recruiting available to him. You use your ties and build the others after Feb this year.

I don't like that we're taking 2 star unknown GA kids over highly recruited kids from home

Not a good look so far

Advertisement
Anyone who isn't happy about Georgia being our secondary state to recruit in is crazy. That's actually one of my favorite things about Richt is his recruiting ability and ties in Georgia. That combination of kids from Florida and Georgia should improve our depth big time and I believe will be the reason Richt has success here.

Advertisement
Richt is fighting for recruits in SEC territory and/or Texas. That alone is an improvement. Not just fighting with other ACC teams or trying to pull a kid away from Rutgers.

Also, someone else made the point that he hasn't had extended time in South Fl recently. Would make sense that he will reconnect with South Fl coaches given time. It's way to early to look for a State of Miami.....yet.

A lot of local ppl... Sleep being one of them has already questioned why Richt is going out of state to croot. A few HS coaches have chimed in on Twitter about it.

This recruiting process thing is a a comical one to follow. With Richt coming in as our coach there seems to be a positive vibe around the majority of our recruiting process. He's only been recruiting for about a week and some days. Anyone who's expecting a class full of ballers is setting themselves up. Don't get me wrong, I believe Richt can do this, but once again time is money. This past weekend was a success in landing two premier players that can play fundamental football.

What I'm trying to get at is Richt has only but a couple weeks to get his somewhat first class together. Whomever we get...we get. Let this man have some time and you will see the difference in the players. I've never been this excited about Miami football in a very long time. Support the Canes

He's been at Miami one month, how do you expect him to take over SFL with no track record other than his time at UGA. Hence why he has deep ties in the Georgia recruiting circle.

I just don't understand some people.

Advertisement
A lot of local ppl... Sleep being one of them has already questioned why Richt is going out of state to croot. A few HS coaches have chimed in on Twitter about it.

Can you link these tweets? Or are you just talking out of your ***.

I don't like that we're taking 2 star unknown GA kids over highly recruited kids from home

Not a good look so far

Latrell Williams not even rated on ESPN is South Fl....seemed to get a good response from this board. That make him a better choice because he has Fl roots?

Advertisement
Well, he will worry about the local schools in the next cycle. He only has a few weeks to get this class together. Gotta get the best regardless of location.

Advertisement
Back