Coach Richt's Recruiting

Mark Richt is a professional at what he does and no one else on this board is, including myself. He ain't no dummy, lest he would not HAVE A 74% WINNING PERCENTAGE OVER 15 YEARS IN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN CFB. Re-freaking-lax, you guys are so used to AG that you have forgot what it is like to have an ELITE head coach. Can you imagine what out recruiting class would look like if the previous staph was still here. We got beat 58-0 by Clemson, 59-20 by UNC. You won't see that again. Richt ain't about to let that happen. Let the man build his team.

What ****es me off more than anything is, we hire Mike Rumph as a coach and CAN'T EVEN GET A VISIT FROM BRIAN BURNS. That is what sux worse than anything. DO YOU HEAR ME, COACH RUMPH? Make a phone call Coach Rumph. Do something to get the kid on campus.
you dont think he's made a call ? Would you like him to drag him by his hair to campus ? Threaten him ? If he dont want to come he aint going to come. Period. Just because Rumph was his HS coach doesnt mean he can make him do ANYTHING

Advertisement
I don't like that we're taking 2 star unknown GA kids over highly recruited kids from home

Not a good look so far

lol 30 downvotes on your porst not a good look! just hang it up already id retire from porsting if i were you

Last edited:
A lot of local ppl... Sleep being one of them has already questioned why Richt is going out of state to croot. A few HS coaches have chimed in on Twitter about it.

Sleep don't know sh×t so if your basing off of him go ahead...he's a laughing stock in broward

74% WINNING PERCENTAGE OVER 15 YEARS IN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN CFB

1. SEC wasn't the toughest conference for the last 15 years. Maybe the last ten.
2. Are you counting his out of conference games in the winning percentage or just his SEC games?

That is total games. BTW, the only SEC team who had a winning record against UGA during Richt's tenure was UF. Not Bama, LSU or anyone else.

Mark Richt is a professional at what he does and no one else on this board is, including myself. He ain't no dummy, lest he would not HAVE A 74% WINNING PERCENTAGE OVER 15 YEARS IN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN CFB. Re-freaking-lax, you guys are so used to AG that you have forgot what it is like to have an ELITE head coach. Can you imagine what out recruiting class would look like if the previous staph was still here. We got beat 58-0 by Clemson, 59-20 by UNC. You won't see that again. Richt ain't about to let that happen. Let the man build his team.

What ****es me off more than anything is, we hire Mike Rumph as a coach and CAN'T EVEN GET A VISIT FROM BRIAN BURNS. That is what sux worse than anything. DO YOU HEAR ME, COACH RUMPH? Make a phone call Coach Rumph. Do something to get the kid on campus.
you dont think he's made a call ? Would you like him to drag him by his hair to campus ? Threaten him ? If he dont want to come he aint going to come. Period. Just because Rumph was his HS coach doesnt mean he can make him do ANYTHING

Yes to all of your questions. Would seem like Burns would come for a visit, see how his old coach is doing and maybe check out his office and see how he likes his new job so far. It's not like he's got to get on a plane, now is it?

Advertisement
Richt will do one thing much better than Golden. Convince kids they can win under him. Golden was a decent recruiter, and brought in more talent than I thought he'd be able to with his lack of on field success. However, where he missed out was on the kids that wanted proof he could win, and there were several of them. Richt has won enough that he can walk into any kids living room and say, "Yeah, we won a lot at Georgia, but what we're going to do at UM will be even better." Kids will believe him. Golden and his success at Temple wasn't very convincing, and he missed out on a lot of high quality players because of this, and his lack of results at UM. Richt has results in the SEC, and that's pretty darn convincing.

I don't know what anyone is complaining about. It's ludicrous and stupid.

Check this: the SEC--hate it all you want--has been the most successful conference over the past decade. Guess where the most SEC players came from? Georgia. Atlanta alone has produced twice as many SEC players as the next closest city (Dallas), and nearly 3 times as many as Miami. (Check the stats yourself: Where do SEC football players come from? Look to Georgia - SEC Blog- ESPN)

All this says that we NEED to build and sustain a Georgia pipeline. We also need to rebuild the State of Miami. Outside of Nick Saban, I don't think there's another coach that is as uniquely positioned to be able to do both. Let Richt work--he's busy trying to sign a decent class on short notice.

We should be happy the man is trying to give us a strong presence in the states of Miami and Georgia going forward.

Last edited:
I don't know what anyone is complaining about. It's ludicrous and stupid.
Check this: the SEC--hate it all you want--has been the most successful conference over the past decade. Guess where the most SEC players came from? Georgia. Atlanta alone has produced twice as many SEC players as the next closest city (Dallas), and nearly 3 times as many as Miami. (Check the stats yourself: Where do SEC football players come from? Look to Georgia - SEC Blog- ESPN)
All this says that we NEED to build and sustain a Georgia pipeline. We also need to rebuild the State of Miami. Outside of Nick Saban, I don't think there's another coach that is as uniquely positioned to be able to do both. Let Richt work--he's busy trying to sign a decent class on short notice.
We should be happy the man is trying to give us a strong presence in the states of Miami and Georgia going forward.

I have been saying this for a long time

Weak thread for a mod. And spell his ******* name right.

You do realize his name is spelled Richt, don't you? Richt's is showing possession. You do also realize, I hope, that some people may in fact write Richt only to find auto correct has made it Rich . . . or were you unaware?

It is comical the things people moan about. For example, if I took the time out to correct your spelling, I would want to make sure my spelling was correct before sharing. I probably would also want to understand that I will never ever spell anyone's name right. It is impossible to SPELL anyone's name right. On the other hand, if I wanted to comment about your spelling I would in fact recognize it is well done. On the other hand, your grammar is a bit lacking. If it was in fact a situation where you wanted me to spell Coach Richt's name correctly, that would have been a whole different issue. I'm sure by now you do in fact realize I spelled his name correctly.

Even if it weren't, Im normally on my phone typing away, and I don't always send my stuff to the grammar or spelling police for proofreading. And now son you need to get back to class, recess is over.

Advertisement

Yes to all of your questions. Would seem like Burns would come for a visit, see how his old coach is doing and maybe check out his office and see how he likes his new job so far. It's not like he's got to get on a plane, now is it?
i agree and i am also disappointed Rumph seemingly doesnt have an impact on his decision but again, he cant force the kid to do anything. But with how aggressive this staff has been so far, I highly doubt Rumph hasnt tried to get him on campus

i agree and i am also disappointed Rumph seemingly doesnt have an impact on his decision but again, he cant force the kid to do anything. But with how aggressive this staff has been so far, I highly doubt Rumph hasnt tried to get him on campus

I highly doubt that from CMR down to Jorge Baez, they all haven't tried to get him on campus. I am sure they all have. Richt knows BB as he was recruiting him to Georgia. What I said was that I was ****ed that we can't even get him on campus for a visit with his "just hired" former HC now coaching at Miami 20 miles away.

Advertisement
Back