Coach Richt

I think Richt would have turned over the staff, but he knew he was getting sick and that it was time to retire.

BTW Thomas Brown is the RB Coach and Assistant Head Coach for the LA Rams.

I think he meant that everybody knew that Brown was a glorified position coach, and Richt himself ran the offense.

In addition to firing his son as QB coach, Richt needed to fire himself as playcaller. Which he didn't seem to be willing to do.

Advertisement
Where’s his Richts son, the former QB coach, coaching now? And I’m guessing Thomas Brown is running a high powered offense in one of the power conferences as well?

But yeah we’re the stupid fanbase.
Thomas Brown is in his 2nd year coaching RB's for the LA Rams. I agree with you on Richt's son, but Brown was a real one.

I don't harbor ill will towards Richt as I suspect the Parkinsons was causing him more distress than we know and he didn't have the energy to run the program the way he wanted.

If we could find a coach that combined Al Goldens recruiting/ player evals with Mark Richts coaching ability, we'd have a nationally relevant program.

If you could find a coach that combined Mark Richts recruiting/player evals with Al Goldens coaching ability, you'd have a guy that looked a lot like Manny Diaz.

This was brought up all ready…but just imagine if Richt intentionally waited until Manny was poached by Temple before officially retiring because he knew Manny was full of **** and would destroy any progress that was made should he be promoted. Richt probably thought Miami was not stupid enough to try and get Manny back by paying Temple a buyout. Little did he know. If any of this is even remotely true then Richt has elevated himself to absolute legendary status in my eyes. The man tried but he was Flaked in the end.

This was brought up all ready…but just imagine if Richt intentionally waited until Manny was poached by Temple before officially retiring because he knew Manny was full of **** and would destroy any progress that was made should he be promoted. Richt probably thought Miami was not stupid enough to try and get Manny back by paying Temple a buyout. Little did he know. If any of this is even remotely true then Richt has elevated himself to absolute legendary status in my eyes. The man tried but he was Flaked in the end.
This is a stretch. Why hire him, or at the very least not fire him as your DC if this is what you think of the dude?

Advertisement
Great man, I hate that the Orange bowl game against wisconsin had those terrible calls and I think Richt sensed that could be his last chance at another big bowl win and why he went berserk on that ref the way he did.

Wait what? Who said this

Advertisement
I was very annoyed at that four game swoon in his first year and his rigidity as a play caller. But he was the best HC we have had since Butch.

Thomas Brown is in his 2nd year coaching RB's for the LA Rams. I agree with you on Richt's son, but Brown was a real one.
Happy Fun GIF by Chopt Creative Salad Co.

The guy walked into a culture too far gone even for his 75% winning streak in the SEC. Couldn't recruit here like at GA. After seeing what it did to him, it will be a miracle to get a big time coach here even if they want to throw a truck load of cash at him.

So it was Richt's son fault our QB's were too immature?? Let me know who took his spot once he left?

Advertisement
Was the best coach we had since Butch. Just got him about 10 years too late. Think about if we had gotten Richt back in '07 right after Coker. We would have avoided the Randy and Golden debacles and who knows where our program would be by now. He may not have gotten us to another Natty, but we wouldn't have sunken to the abyss we've been wallowing in for years.

And I'm sure he knew all along that Manny is a fraud. Big talker. Big showy guy who had all the answers when he's not in charge but had no clue how to run a P5 program. Probably tried to upstage and undermine Richt on several occasions sensing Richt's frailties. Manny was the orchestrator of the Def vs. Off divide under Richt which was amateur hour. Probably won him some brownie points with his boys on the defensive side of the ball as he appeared to be a bad ***, but all that did was help breed the ******, self-centered, cat culture that permeates the team today that he can't control.

God bless Coach Richt. Real good dude. Is Manny fired yet?

Advertisement
A true Cane. A true human being.
Our only 10 win season and bowl win since Coker’s successful seasons. Donated $1M to the IPF. Walked away from $16M buyout. Played for Shnelly, backed up J. Kelly. Blew out Notre Dame at Hard Rock.
At the end of the day, he cared about people.
God Bless you, Mark Richt.

Richt is a class act.

I think he was not all in when he was our HC. And his loyalty to his son was a problem. But overall he is a great human and I'm happy with his tenure. Plus he knew when to step away -- that it is difficult.

Advertisement
Back