Coach Richt spoke to a packed house in Athens, GA this

ClevelandTNCane

Recruit
morning. Spoke to over 5,000 in 2 services at the Cornerstone Church in Athens. Very well received and was extremely complimentary and excited about coaching the U. I realize that most on here only know that Miami hired an established, successful football coach BUT I can promise you this; not only will he win and bring back the swagger at the U but he will make every alumnus and every associated with the U extremely proud. I believe he is energized like he has not been in several years and is focused on bringing the pride back to Miami.

What you are going to find is that there will be no one other than vindictive UGA fans that know nothing about the reality of the situation in Athens, that will have anything but good things to say about Coach Richt. I look forward to watching as he brings the U back into the conversation nationally. Miami fans will learn very quickly that we have not only a tremendous football coach but a man that we can be proud of that will bring nothing but good publicity to the university and the city.

Advertisement
I'm the last guy to ever toss any credit to any SEC member institution but UGA fans on a whole comported themselves well after Richt "separated" and very few seemed vindictive in the slightest. Perhaps that would have changed had Richt brought with him a chunk of their recruiting class but it actually seems like a decent segment of their fan base wants us to win (for now).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah Coach Richt does have a big heart, in 2013 he sold his vacation Lake house for $2+ Million so he could donate more to the less fortunate. Talk about putting your money where your mouth is. He has definitely done his share of tithing

Link to article from 2013 where he sold his vacation home to give more to charity
Buy Mark Richt’s Georgia Mansion For $2 Million [36 PHOTOS]

His current Athens, GA home is on the market for $800K
https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/former-uga-coach-mark-richt-puts-up-his-house-for-sale-for-799900

[video=youtube;55l2q3VE7yM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55l2q3VE7yM[/video]

Last edited:
he might have a big heart but he is all business too. he drops recruits and gets kids to transfer pretty fast

Advertisement
Kinda hope this is an old post-----Can't believe CMR would take off to Athens on Jr.Weekend..
It's junior day, not weekend. It's amazing what access to a private plane can do.

Go go find some other false drama to be concerned with.

Advertisement
Kinda hope this is an old post-----Can't believe CMR would take off to Athens on Jr.Weekend..
It's junior day, not weekend. It's amazing what access to a private plane can do.

Go go find some other false drama to be concerned with.
Ispyn....cant you see the issue? Mark Richt should never take a 1.5 hour flight to Athens. Jolly gosh,,,there is NO FREAKIN reason he should spend 6-8 hours of his Sunday to go to Georgia, his home for 15 years, to attend church and maybe continue tying up lose ends. MR is taking this program down the toilet!!!! Bring back AG!!

Advertisement
Back