Coach Melvin..

I don't know how you can force yourself to listen to Zagacki. He is by far and away the worst sports media member in the whole country.

Even worse than Susan Miller Dumbagain.

Anyone notice that the whole program went downhill as soon as he became the hideous voice of the Canes?

Coincidence? I think not.

You have obviously never had to listen to Larry Michael from the Redskins, but Zagacki is a close 2nd.

Actually, I just realized that both the Hurricanes and Redskins have their terrible guys on staff (Zagacki/Larry Michaels) and their former players in the media (Bailey Jr/Theismann) that shamelessly shill for these atrocious teams no matter how terribly they are doing.

Advertisement
i had plyaers tell me things like "he's a real coach" or "hes actually teaching us" not sure if thats a knock on franklin but i assume so.

Advertisement
It's true mane. We scrapped that 2-gap garbage during spring.

whatchu-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Dorito and Golden could run the 2000 ravens D playbook and we would still suck because they suck.

Advertisement
It sounds like coach melvin knows this will be a temp job for him at miami, but he wants/needs it to be long term.

Cause if Al Golden goes so will ALL of his Temple South crew that he brought with him.

I have watched an Interview with Hurley Brown and it was very telling about what changes we will see from the defense tgis year. He said none, that what we are seeing at Miami took a long time to get to and they wont change they had the #14 defense in the country last year so why would they change.

I thru-up in my mouth slightly. He looked like a person sufferring from a classic case of Stockholm syndrome. **** what has Golden done our beloved Hurricanes.

Go Canes

Hurlie needs to get canned as well. That interview a last aeason was terrible. Saying 8/9 wins is great for Miami

It's true mane. We scrapped that 2-gap garbage during spring.

DOnt ***** with me Macho...Ill be at Western early monday morning after the Bethune game like this
shooting%2Bguns.gif

two players told me changes were made but they can't make them public. told to keep it secret. hinted at more aggressive play tho.
who knows. I'm not falling into the trap

of course they did.

lol at Golden changing things around on defense. Lots of gullible folks on here.

Advertisement
Yall crazy to think we will change our entire defense system in year 5.

Here's why:

Not one coach on staff has ever run a 4-3 JJ defense
AG and Donofrio haven't changed anything in they're entire tenure as DEF coaches
The majority of the roster only knows what they have been taught the previous 3/4 years.
You can't impliment an entire new defense in one spring.

Here's why:

AG and Donofrio haven't changed anything in they're entire tenure as DEF coaches
The majority of the roster only knows what they have been taught the previous 3/4 years.

1) 1-gapping is not exclusive to JJ's defense. Wade Phillips and Carroll have famously run 1-gap out of a 3-4.
2) This makes no sense. We should never hire another coach again if that's the case, because the next dude will CERTAINLY have to implement a new defense upon his arrival.

Advertisement

Here's why:

They aren't changing an entire defense.
We've one-gapped occasionally the last 3-4 years.
It is easier for linemen to do it
We've had people who have actually watched the practices and spring game speak to a change in the way the DL is playing.
Players have said they're just firing off the ball now.

Last edited:
There is only one reason that would resonate enough with this staff to force a change -- another excuse.

It's not a scheme issue - it's a mentality issue. I don't care if they play a 3-4 - just don't play it passively.

Advertisement
Back