Coach Manny Diaz has striking similarities to...

220px-Erik_Spoelstra_in_2009.jpg

...Coach Spoelstra.

• Obsessed with building a "culture" in and around the team
  • Players love him and play hard for him
  • Free agent magnet (Let's not forget the Big 3 was assembled at Prime 112 too)
  • Preaches accountability for his staff and players.

Of course, Manny has yet to prove himself, but here's hoping Manny can be the next coach to bring a championship to south florida!

Advertisement
Coach Spo will never get the credit he deserves. That dude knows how to make magic with mess.

His subs have always drove me up a wall but other than that he’s a amazing coach

Even what he's doing with this years team is amazing, he doesnt even have an all-star player (wade will get voted in)

Coach Spo will never get the credit he deserves. That dude knows how to make magic with mess.

His subs have always drove me up a wall but other than that he’s a amazing coach
He has improved but he handed Dallas a title the first year of the big 3. Up 15 with 4 minutes and change left in game 1 and his team hoisting 3s and never calls a T.O. to put a stop to that B.S. Those were his Sporon days.

Advertisement
Even what he's doing with this years team is amazing, he doesnt even have an all-star player (wade will get voted in)

Riles has always given him some foolish squad. Then he just runs with it and makes the playoffs. Salute a real one when you see em

Hopefully he isn't a mindless robotic substituter like Sporon..

Hahahahahh is this serious? I'm not even trolling...there's people who really think Spo isn't a good coach? He's literally universally appreciated by just about everyone in the league. If this guy has haters, wow. I give up.

He has improved but he handed Dallas a title the first year of the big 3. Up 15 with 4 minutes and change left in game 1 and his team hoisting 3s and never calls a T.O. to put a stop to that B.S. Those were his Sporon days.

That would be Lebron who handed them a title every time he played hot potato with Mario Chalmers. Even Chalmers was like wtf you passing to me for.

Dallas went at Lebron and in Lebron fashion he folded like a tent. Dude was able to pound the rock out and he just stood in the corner biting his nails. He made me so mad that series. He also made that adjustment going forward to allow him to pound the rock because he can’t play off ball

Advertisement

Everyone wants to crown Brad Stevens. Spo has the Heat 3 games back of the Celtics with about a quarter of the talent.

Top 5 coach in the NBA.

He's a victim to his own talent. Heat honestly need to tank 2 seasons and rebuild, but Spo is talented enough to ensure his team is always in the hunt for the playoffs.

That would be Lebron handed the a title every time he played hot potato with Mario Chalmers. Even Chalmers was like wtf you passing to me for.
Lebron bltched out that whole series , no doubt. But Riley would have called T.O. and said the next son of a bltch that shoots a 3 right now is on the bench the rest of this game. All they needed was to kill clock and get a bucket or 2 , **** Wade driving to the lane every time down with the shot clock down to 4 would have gotten him to the line enough to get us the win.

Advertisement
View attachment 76366

...Coach Spoelstra.

• Obsessed with building a "culture" in and around the team
  • Players love him and play hard for him
  • Free agent magnet (Let's not forget the Big 3 was assembled at Prime 112 too)
  • Preaches accountability for his staff and players.

Of course, Manny has yet to prove himself, but here's hoping Manny can be the next coach to bring a championship to south florida!
Pictured has Pat Riely to set the table - Manny Diaz not so much

Hahahahahh is this serious? I'm not even trolling...there's people who really think Spo isn't a good coach? He's literally universally appreciated by just about everyone in the league. If this guy has haters, wow. I give up.
I think he has really improved but he had a man crush on Haslem that had Bush on the bench and in a funk at the beginning of the big 3 era. He couldn't draw up a play to get a final shot to save his life when he first became HC.

He has really improved though.

Advertisement
I still don't think Spo is a great game day coach but I give him credit for patching together rotations with a roster full of shooting guards. He is however, the epitome of an organizational leader who stresses a culture of hard work and maximum effort that has paid dividends for numerous Heat players. The number of scrap heap, G-league guys the Heat has turned into legit NBA players is ridiculous. Even LeBron credits Spo and the Heat for helping him make the jump in his career.

Lebron bltched out that whole series , no doubt. But Riley would have called T.O. and said the next son of a bltch that shoots a 3 right now is on the bench the rest of this game. All they needed was to kill clock and get a bucket or 2 , **** Wade driving to the lane every time down with the shot clock down to 4 would have gotten him to the line enough to get us the win.

Thats the NBA now. Live and die by the 3. You live with that but what you can't live with is the best player in the world not wanting the ball when he has Jason Kidd and JJ Berea guarding him.

Spoelstra is one of the best coaches of all time and he is is only 48. He makes the playoff with consistently lottery pick worthy rosters. He plays zone in the frickin NBA and has taught it and transformed it so well that it actually works. Anyone that thinks differently doesnt know basketball

Advertisement
Back