Coach Macho what happened in the Dillard/Deerfield game?

Yea this is pretty big....

passed deerfield beach high around 630 yesterday and saw the team practicing.

Their HC is a big time recruiter, hoarder of talent. For public schools id say he does probably one of the..or if not the best job of getting kids to colleges.

Coach Macho to the rescue?
I’d say them and western are the 2 public schools in broward that pull talent from all over. Feel like their best players always come from other schools.
But buddy went out of his way to take his kids on tours of colleges all over America, which not every coach does.

will be interesting to see if this is for good or if he’s just taking the rest of the season off to recharge the batteries

Advertisement
So buddy quit out on his team in the middle of a season filled with tragedy and sorrow.... I mean I guess you have to look out for yourself first, but **** he’s just going to leave those kids hanging like that?

did any of those kids who were dealing with their tragedies quit on him or their teammates?
He's had health issues throughout his whole coaching tenure. This isn't the first time he's had to take a break. The last year or so have been extremely rough on him. Kids who have played here before know all about his health concerns. They've witnessed him go through it.

I've never been around anybody who works harder for their kids than he does. And unfortunately, he doesn't get nearly the level of gratitude that he deserves from the kids or the community. This community is really tough to coach for. They're not very appreciative. They're the first ones to criticize and the last ones to help. And it's very stressful. In 15 years of coaching I've been at several schools, and this has been the toughest place to coach. He/we gets very little help.

He was in the hospital yesterday. This is a legitimate issue. Now that I've informed you of the severity, perhaps you'll look at it different. He would be the last one to quit on his team

Little pre game scouting… I see you coach! Lol jp
nGWkonfDprXULiPW7PWRXt-Ga9we000EqbjV3uRSqVk.gif
1631247199595.png

Last edited:
listen, I get it, I really do. My wife is a mental health counselor and has seen one of her own for the last 9 years and she was at our wedding.

mental health is a real thing and has been ignored for far too long.

but I’m of the mindset that there is a time and place for everything. I also think there’s a balance to be found between ignoring the issue and flat out quitting on everyone around you. Issues can be managed and coped with ( or pushed through as you put it) until the appropriate time (after the season).

Are we really getting to a point where someone gets a free pass for whatever they do as long as the cite “mental health” as the reasoning, than everyone just forgives and forgets?

when my wife’s brother committed suicide, it took a big toll on everyone around us. But man... life just doesn’t stop because tragedy struck and your sad/grief stricken.

I’m really not trying to be insensitive, because I am a mental health advocate in my real life... but again... there’s a time/place/and way to go about everything... this just ain’t it in my opinion.
It's not just mental health.
It's his ACTUAL PHYSICAL HEALTH.

It's been an outgoing thing for years.
It's never gotten so bad that he actually quit, but he has taken time off before.

listen, I get it, I really do. My wife is a mental health counselor and has seen one of her own for the last 9 years and she was at our wedding.

mental health is a real thing and has been ignored for far too long.

but I’m of the mindset that there is a time and place for everything. I also think there’s a balance to be found between ignoring the issue and flat out quitting on everyone around you. Issues can be managed and coped with ( or pushed through as you put it) until the appropriate time (after the season).

Are we really getting to a point where someone gets a free pass for whatever they do as long as the cite “mental health” as the reasoning, than everyone just forgives and forgets?

when my wife’s brother committed suicide, it took a big toll on everyone around us. But man... life just doesn’t stop because tragedy struck and your sad/grief stricken.

I’m really not trying to be insensitive, because I am a mental health advocate in my real life... but again... there’s a time/place/and way to go about everything... this just ain’t it in my opinion.
We don’t know what his issues and coping mechanisms are though to judge him.

Advertisement
At least you admitted being out coached.... something this goofy *** Miami staff never flat out admits in public.... Lashlee always blame execution but couldn't explain those dive plays that had no chance...once again this guy choked in the limelight...it will likely continue cuz he won't admit he phucked up to anybody including himself...
It was an RPO and it was clearly shown had King made the pass into the flat it was 4v3 but instead he handed it off for a 1yd gain.

I was ****ed watching it but after watching it broken down by two different groups it was all on King.

Doesn't fit your narrative but sometimes you have to just admit you were wrong and move on.

He's had health issues throughout his whole coaching tenure. This isn't the first time he's had to take a break. The last year or so have been extremely rough on him. Kids who have played here before know all about his health concerns. They've witnessed him go through it.

I've never been around anybody who works harder for their kids than he does. And unfortunately, he doesn't get nearly the level of gratitude that he deserves from the kids or the community. This community is really tough to coach for. They're not very appreciative. They're the first ones to criticize and the last ones to help. And it's very stressful. In 15 years of coaching I've been at several schools, and this has been the toughest place to coach. He/we gets very little help.

He was in the hospital yesterday. This is a legitimate issue. Now that I've informed you of the severity, perhaps you'll look at it different. He would be the last one to quit on his team
Some things are just bigger than football, or sports for that matter. Hopefully his kids that have qualified for college ball will continue on that life changing path, and coach will get his health situation taken care of. I'm rooting for both sides of this, the kids/team and coach.

It was an RPO and it was clearly shown had King made the pass into the flat it was 4v3 but instead he handed it off for a 1yd gain.

I was ****ed watching it but after watching it broken down by two different groups it was all on King.

Doesn't fit your narrative but sometimes you have to just admit you were wrong and move on.
We all know King isn't perfect...our OL isn't strong enough to run RPO on 3rd and long against bama ....it was evident their pressure was coming to fast for play action... Lashlee didn't use any 2 TE, 2 back sets, motion or misdirection to combat pressure....only that sorry *** wide side bubble ...problem king doesn't have a cannon to get it there quick enough and WR/TE blocking is pitiful...no audibles, slants etc.... Lashlee can't adjust on the fly (choker) which is why the O never does anything in the spotlight...

We all know King isn't perfect...our OL isn't strong enough to run RPO on 3rd and long against bama ....it was evident their pressure was coming to fast for play action... Lashlee didn't use any 2 TE, 2 back sets, motion or misdirection to combat pressure....only that sorry *** wide side bubble ...problem king doesn't have a cannon to get it there quick enough and WR/TE blocking is pitiful...no audibles, slants etc.... Lashlee can't adjust on the fly (choker) which is why the O never does anything in the spotlight...
It was a perfect play call and wasn't executed by the QB. The OL blocked just fine on the play. #ContinueMopingIfYouWant

Advertisement
It was a perfect play call and wasn't executed by the QB. The OL blocked just fine on the play. #ContinueMopingIfYouWant
Guess we watched 2 different games....anybody will tell you that play is way too slow to develop against elite heavy pressure... especially with a 5'9 QB...

Guess we watched 2 different games....anybody will tell you that play is way too slow to develop against elite heavy pressure... especially with a 5'9 QB...
I guess you didn't watch the any of the three breakdowns of film and the three different people (including Lashlee himself) that said it was blocked fine and the pass was there for a 1st down and more but King made the wrong RPO read and handed it off.

Let me toss this out there. Going back to last year, King has had some trouble running the RPO and knowing when to do what. If we are now in the second year and he is still struggling with that, is it a perfect play call? It may have been a perfect play call with a QB who is proficient in the RPO, but if that is not King, then is it any better than other former coordinators who tried to fit a square peg in a round hole instead of adapting to their players' strengths?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back