coach lockette

Advertisement
ive been hearing he turned "UP THE RADIO WHEN OFFERED" the RBs coach job, anybody know if thats true?

Advertisement
If so, at least Al maybe made an offer to Telly. If anything this would solidify the UM Miami Central relationship.

Advertisement
Why would he apply for the job, come in for 2 interviews, then turn it down?

Probably didn't want to quadruple his pay

176.jpg

Advertisement
sorry i forgot to put one word in the post, yes i meant TURNED DOWN the position, ive also heard the reason for him turning it down was because of his family, just what im hearing

I'm going to go ahead and so false. Not sure what reason a local highschool coach would turn down an offer from a local D 1 college to be a position coach and enter the college ranks making prob 3 times what he was while not having to move.

sorry i forgot to put one word in the post, yes i meant TURNED DOWN the position, ive also heard the reason for him turning it down was because of his family, just what im hearing

Hey guys I have the chance to coach at UM. We don't have to move my commute is relatively the same. I will be making prob 3 times as much. I will have entered the college ranks. The potential to move up will be far greater than that as a highschool head coach. And if **** doesn't work out prob any highschool in Miami will rehire me on the spot. Oh ya and a side note the guy before me is in the nfl. What you think??

No dad/husband we don't want u to make more and coach college football without us having to move or anything.

Ok fine I won't.

Is that kinda how it went??

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMO the only reason it got turned down would have been because of stability. But still as a high school it's always your dream to get that shot.

He would have had to work 14-16 hour days at UM with the season and off season recruiting. Telly's family needs are probably greater than what the job required, even with a six figure salary and exposure at a major D1 college. Gotta give Al credit for looking local and presenting an opportunity.

He would have had to work 14-16 hour days at UM with the season and off season recruiting. Telly's family needs are probably greater than what the job required, even with a six figure salary and exposure at a major D1 college. Gotta give Al credit for looking local and presenting an opportunity.

Not to mention the travel required for recruiting. Don't know if he turned it down or not but there are pros and cons to it..

Advertisement
Back