Coach L - Next Year is Key

It would also help a lot if the bigs were more involved in the offense other than setting screens and watching the guards dribble and shot.
Ya think?
Sorry, not feeling charitable following loss to Clemson. I guess Bev and Walker ain't the answer so Coach is right not to play them more, but in general the offensive strategy is beyond pathetic; blame it on not enough talent but only partially.

Advertisement
Ya think?
Sorry, not feeling charitable following loss to Clemson. I guess Bev and Walker ain't the answer so Coach is right not to play them more, but in general the offensive strategy is beyond pathetic; blame it on not enough talent but only partially.

How much worse can Walker be than Waardenberg right now? We lost 4 of our last 5 games. In those losses, Waardenberg scored 3, 5, 2, 6, 0 and shot 50%, 25%, 25%, 25% and 0%. All Waardenberg gave us was defensive boards.

Larranaga brings in 2-3 top 150 players per class (Bev, Wong and Walker were all Top 150 and Timberlake and Cross are Top 100). He's signed 3 - 5 star players in the past 4 years and is about to sign another. Talent acquisition is not the issue here.
With what to show for it? A 1st round exit in tournament? Pathetic

Advertisement
Ya think?

I understand you are very emotional after a loss. I don't take it personal, all is forgiven.
I agree with you, just without the passion you are currently displaying.

The biggest negative effect seems to have been on Coach L, personally. Like it really diminished his outlook and drive. Not sure he's yet returned to his previous level. At his age, not easy to deal with. Did nothing wrong yet, at the lowest point, was being painted as a cheater, negating his lifetime hoops legacy.

Exactly, and it is understandable.

Different situation, but exactly why I said Pearl was doing the right thing listening to his attorneys and not cooperating, while Larranaga was going to give them the world against his attorney's advice because he was innocent.

Good guys finish last? No good deed goes unpunished? Well, in this case...it really sadly worked out that way. He didn't deserve what the scummy and corrupt FBI did to him...simply by pulling what the NCAA did to us in the Shapiro mess and dragging their feet to destroy recruiting. At his age, it was probably like an early severance package, and it was bull****..

Larranaga brings in 2-3 top 150 players per class (Bev, Wong and Walker were all Top 150 and Timberlake and Cross are Top 100). He's signed 3 - 5 star players in the past 4 years and is about to sign another. Talent acquisition is not the issue here.
People forget that before him, we never landed these types of recruits.

FBI, injuries, transfers, poor roster management have killed our roster the past couple of seasons.

As I said, next year is a big one for Coach L:

-No more FBI excuses
-Shouldn't get bit with the same injury bugs
-Will not have any transfers leaving the program

People forget that before him, we never landed these types of recruits.

FBI, injuries, transfers, poor roster management have killed our roster the past couple of seasons.

As I said, next year is a big one for Coach L:

-No more FBI excuses
-Shouldn't get bit with the same injury bugs
-Will not have any transfers leaving the program
How can you say that with certainty? I could see someone like Anthony Walker bolting due to lack of playing time.

Advertisement
The biggest negative effect seems to have been on Coach L, personally. Like it really diminished his outlook and drive. Not sure he's yet returned to his previous level. At his age, not easy to deal with. Did nothing wrong yet, at the lowest point, was being painted as a cheater, negating his lifetime hoops legacy.
BUMP!

Are we going to say this next year too? How many passes does Coach L deserve? The 2012-13 season was nearly a decade ago. 15-16 was a long time ago as well. We're 15-38 in the ACC in the last 3 seasons. That's worse than any stretch under Haith or even Perry Clark.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t call Miami a dominant athletic program by any means. But I consider us to be well above average. Has this athletic program ever had 3 straight losing seasons in any major sport? Modern era I really don’t think we have. Sad times.

Advertisement
It seems like the losing has taken it's toll on the players and coaches, but if Coach L doesn't have the energy to turn this program around he should do the right thing and step down. I know it's not the most popular thing to say, but I like Coach L. I refuse to believe the man just forgot how to coach. His staff has done him no justice with the poor recruiting from last several years and unfortunately the chickens have come home to roost.

Advertisement
Back