Coach L Disbelievers

Advertisement
I one of those folks whom thought L was done so I will eat my crow and say congratulations, but we need to be consistent getting into the tournament Year in and out. I understand we got hit by the NCAA, but still doesn’t resolve some of the recruiting issues with getting some bigs in the program. Other than that I love the Energy and focused the team played with tonight and I can honestly say we got a shot boys.

Including me

We were so freaking wrong. Coach L is the best thing that has ever happened to Miami basketball. So excited to put that Adidas garbage behind him and to watch this run. We have a great shot at the Elite 8.
I'm happy to say I was dead wrong cause I especially thought Auburn would beat the Jesus out of us and the tournament would be ugly for this team. I will say thank God he's finally giving walker legit minutes as you see he makes a difference when length is needed. And good lord is wardenburg stepping up. Really happy to see I was dead wrong about turning the ball over.

He's got the team energized. He's got them scrambling and perky defending well. He's got them playing well together. He's got them avoiding live-and-die by the perimeter(3's) and more trending inside, with Jordan a force to be reckoned with. He's got 5 talented starters generally playing at their full potential (including better ball control, smarter decisions, less turnovers) and generally giving their all for a whole game, with a small dose of limited rotation to further this...

The result is that this talented veteran hungry squad is WINNING (when it matters most.)

He (and staff) deserves FULL CREDIT (as does "The Talent".) WELL DONE, SIR!

Why this didn't happen so much earlier in the season on numerous occasions, is water under the bridge. We didn't look so good then, and didn't deserve to be ranked or applauded, nor the coaching staff. Most who criticized those efforts were still rooting for success, and now that success is upon us enjoy it as much as y'all (if not more.) Perhaps they were just "developing" the team, "seasoning them", and it was all good. Or to a good end, which surely right now it is, and hopefully will remain so!

I have caught **** for three years from many for defending him. He does more with less than any coach in the country. Hopefully there is a couple big players looking to transfer somewhere next year to supplement the good freshmen coming in.
I'm not going to lie, I was just hoping that he could get this team to a respectable level, but once they started coming together, you could see them go on a run. He's gotten the most out of this team, and I hope he hits the portal hard this offseason and brings in some guards to replace what he is going to lose and some bigs to team with the incoming freshmen. This team should be able to make the Dance next year, if he hits gold in the portal.

Advertisement
I was a believer, then a non- believer for three years, and now a believer since the ACC regular season started. Seems like things turned around after Rad was hired 😆I am so happy that Coach L made me (and all of us) a believer again!
Thus is me..believer, non believer, indifferent to mid szn ...what we got here?.
Did a **** of a job..and all praises to him..out coached dude today.
Best um bball coach in history

In many ways, a big thank you to Nova University HC for helping Coach L to install his scramble ball system with this team.... even Heat Coach Spo, visited with him to help understand the system. Our early season blowouts had more to do with working in this new system..
Its ******* fun to watch and teams cant figure it out.

Advertisement
I've always been an L believer but I don't fault the guys too much at all that still treated him and his resume with respect but also thought he was done. I was almost* at that point too and was saying it would absolutely be fair to judge him on this year (when things weren't looking great) in determining if a change needed to be made.

Welllllll....the old ******* just shut us all up....and it feels great.

L stands for Legend. The guy has done it against a lot of odds. Huge congrats to him and those amazing senior leaders. They will be sorely missed.

Wooo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Advertisement
We had good reason to disbelieve. Players were fleeing in the off-season and they looked terrible before the conference schedule. That Alabama team that got knocked out yesterday? In case you don't recall they beat us by 30 earlier this season. The turnaround has been incredible, but it was a turnaround. The old man seemed cooked. Clearly he isn't..
I don't know why anyone would downvote this, it's pretty accurate. It really did look like Coach L didn't have any gas left in the tank, but he sure as **** proved the doubters wrong.

Advertisement
I never wanted Coach L fired. The last few years were disappointing but there were factors beyond his control. Last year in particular was disappointing but the number of injuries made it impossible to have any expectations of winning.

I will say that I had some concerns about the locker room coming out of last year. I realize that losing can kill a locker room vibe but something just seemed off. That all seemed confirmed when two touted freshman, two transfers and the star point guard all leave the program. Something was definitely rotten.

In hind sight, maybe they just needed to clear the air and start over. I am actually left wondering if Lykes was a bad locker room guy.

Based on that locker room melt down, I can honestly say I had no expectations that we would be any good this year. But I give Coach L the credit for transforming the defensive philosophy that has really made the difference. Also, finding two portal guys that could step into major roles was huge. Charlie Moore is the MVP for me this year because a solid point guard is a must for a team with some hero-ball bad habits.

Looking forward to seeing if they can go any further but the season is already a success no matter what.

Advertisement
Back