Coach L at Acc media days

Cribby

All-American
Premium
One of the first things he said was M Nwoko and George will play a lot of minutes. When Keyshawn committed to Miami he was 6’5 , he’s now 6’8. He can play everywhere. Had 23 and 11 in a scrimmage. Michael is 6’100 240 and is easily the biggest guy on the roster.

Coach L mentions Wooga is a first round draft pick. Maybe the best pull up 15 foot jump shooter in the country. Great shooter , defender and very athletic. Wooga works too hard and is fanatical about it. He’s also very efficient and doesn’t need a lot of shots to get 20-30 points.

This team will get everyone’s best shot since they’re coming off a final 4 run. He believes they‘re a new team they can be very good, but they aren’t there yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Continue to play our best basketball come February and let’s see what happens for a 3rd year in a row.

Really fired up for this year

I saw that ESPN's NBA Draft expert ranked George as the #7 International freshman for this season. In his write up he said George has grown almost 10 inches over the past 2 years. That definitely explains why his recruitment didnt blow up until last Fall

Advertisement
Kinda disappointed that Watson doesn’t appear to be taking that next step. It’s all about effort (especially defensively) with him… he has the tools and skills necessary to be a special player.

Kinda disappointed that Watson doesn’t appear to be taking that next step. It’s all about effort (especially defensively) with him… he has the tools and skills necessary to be a special player.

Seeing him in person many times last year, I am also shocked he hasn't taken the next step. Physically, he was/is outstanding vs other players, even as a true frosh.

Michael is 6’100 240 and is easily the biggest guy on the roster.
You said it, brother.

Happy Dance GIF by Squembri

Advertisement
Colorado is going to be tough, that's a definite NCAAT opponent. And the Providence/K-State game will be as well. I would not predict a 12-0 start. It's possible but I don't think we've ever had a undefeated OOC under Coach L.
I'm not pre-supposing a loss at UK, but we are always better in conference play and postseason than we are in early season matchups to your point about not having an undefeated OOC under L.

If we lose 1 or 2 in non-con, I wouldn't blink. If we lose 3 or more...I'd worry.

Advertisement
The way I see it, L uses the OOC schedule to figure out his team. We almost always lose a game early that is somewhat of a surprise.

Last year we replaced three starters with two totally new players (Pack and Omier) and a still-developing Wooga. This year we replace two starters with a plug and play guy in Joseph and and a new transfer in Cleveland. I think L feels pretty good about his starting 5 - although I think Cleveland will take some time to adjust and come up to full speed.

I think the rotation is gonna be a work in progress through the OOC schedule and may result in us dropping a game or two against a team/teams we are or will be better than later in the season.

Advertisement
Back