Coach Kool on WQAM - 4/10/17

Advertisement
The jets or some other team were interested in Kool this year. If he wanted to jump to the NFL he would have. That is when he got associate head coach title. He seems like a college guy. Moving on the be a dc is the more likely scenario.

I see nothing about this guy that says he wants to be anything other than a DL coach.. Not everyone wants to call plays and be involved in that part of the game-planning or overall recruiting picture the way DCs need to be.. Seems like Kool found his coaching niche and is very secure with being really good at what he does, and his tenure at Mizzou suggests he values stability. He now has about as much autonomy and salary as an assistant coach can have without the additional responsibility of a coordinator title.

Kool wants to live in paradise, feel appreciated, mold young men, and be well paid to do what he loves to do..Sounds like he's got everything he wants and will not be leaving Miami anytime soon..

You missed Kool saying out of his own mouth that he wants to move up the coaching ladder. He said he wants to be a DC and then a HC.

I did. Link?

Advertisement
Kool is going to turn Johnson, Garvin, & Ford into first rounders. He's done it with nobodys. Imagine what he will do with these blue chips. Then put the freak LB's behind them. Yowza.

I hear ya Franchise. My point is I don't think he's gonna just hang up the phone in the offseason if teams start calling. I hope he's here for a while but you never know.

He literally just now turned down an NFL job this offseason.

He's a true Football Coach, when he says doesn't like recruiting, he means he doesn't like the idea of convincing kids to come play for him...

Coach Kool is literally the best DLine Coach in the country, therefore he don't give two ****s about who it is, he just knows he can maximize the talent of whoever you put in front of him.

He could take Wake Forest's or Rutgers DL & have them playing like All-Americans, that his specialty...
He's not a salesman, he's a technician.

Even with that said, he's still one of the best recruiters we have on staff, for a guy who doesn't "like" it, he hits homeruns every **** time he steps foot off the G4 & shows up to a recruits living room.

The product he puts on the field recruits for him.

Advertisement
He's a true Football Coach, when he says doesn't like recruiting, he means he doesn't like the idea of convincing kids to come play for him...

Coach Kool is literally the best DLine Coach in the country, therefore he don't give two ****s about who it is, he just knows he can maximize the talent of whoever you put in front of him.

He could take Wake Forest's or Rutgers DL & have them playing like All-Americans, that his specialty...
He's not a salesman, he's a technician.

Even with that said, he's still one of the best recruiters we have on staff, for a guy who doesn't "like" it, he hits homeruns every **** time he steps foot off the G4 & shows up to a recruits living room.

The product he puts on the field recruits for him.

Exactly. He doesn't have to be a slick salesman when recruiting. He can just point to the players he coaches.

The jets or some other team were interested in Kool this year. If he wanted to jump to the NFL he would have. That is when he got associate head coach title. He seems like a college guy. Moving on the be a dc is the more likely scenario.

I see nothing about this guy that says he wants to be anything other than a DL coach.. Not everyone wants to call plays and be involved in that part of the game-planning or overall recruiting picture the way DCs need to be.. Seems like Kool found his coaching niche and is very secure with being really good at what he does, and his tenure at Mizzou suggests he values stability. He now has about as much autonomy and salary as an assistant coach can have without the additional responsibility of a coordinator title.

Kool wants to live in paradise, feel appreciated, mold young men, and be well paid to do what he loves to do..Sounds like he's got everything he wants and will not be leaving Miami anytime soon..

You missed Kool saying out of his own mouth that he wants to move up the coaching ladder. He said he wants to be a DC and then a HC.

I did. Link?

But Kuligowski has been open about his desire to move up. While Richt revealed Monday that Kuligowski will help Diaz coordinate the defense, it’s a wonder that Kuligowski hasn’t landed a full-time promotion.

“I’ve asked myself that question a few times over the years,” said Kuligowski, who added that he’s had “some talks” with other schools – Illinois in 2015 is reportedly among them – but hasn’t found the right fit.

“God’s got a plan,” he said. “If His plan is for me to be a defensive line coach the rest of my life, if He’s got a plan for me to be a coordinator and head coach later on, great. If not, that’s OK too. I’ll keep doing what I do. I love doing it. I just want to be the best at whatever I do.”

Miami Hurricanes believe Craig Kuligowski can revamp defensive line | Canes Watch

Advertisement

I did. Link?

But Kuligowski has been open about his desire to move up. While Richt revealed Monday that Kuligowski will help Diaz coordinate the defense, it’s a wonder that Kuligowski hasn’t landed a full-time promotion.

“I’ve asked myself that question a few times over the years,” said Kuligowski, who added that he’s had “some talks” with other schools – Illinois in 2015 is reportedly among them – but hasn’t found the right fit.

“God’s got a plan,” he said. “If His plan is for me to be a defensive line coach the rest of my life, if He’s got a plan for me to be a coordinator and head coach later on, great. If not, that’s OK too. I’ll keep doing what I do. I love doing it. I just want to be the best at whatever I do.”

Miami Hurricanes believe Craig Kuligowski can revamp defensive line | Canes Watch

I saw that a while back. He's not saying "out of his own mouth that he wants to move up the coaching ladder, or he wants to be a DC and then a HC." Sounds more like what I initially said about him being content doing what he dose in the service of a higher power.. Surely there must be another quote?

I did. Link?

I saw that a while back. He's not saying "out of his own mouth that he wants to move up the coaching ladder, or he wants to be a DC and then a HC." Sounds more like what I initially said about him being content doing what he dose in the service of a higher power.. Surely there must be another quote?
No. He didn't interview at Illinois for the DC job. And he didn't openly get sour at Missouri when they passed him up for the DC gig. Follow college football instead of looking to quibble your way out of mistakes.

Let's see if Kool turns down the UM DC gig if Diaz gets a HC gig. "Nah. No thanks, Coach Richt. I'm good with staying the DL coach."

Advertisement
Mike Smith being serviceable is a HUGE deal! That guy was a disaster last year. I sear as soon as he ran on to the field I said OH **** and usually a big play would go right his way as if he was targeted by teams.

I did. Link?

No. He didn't interview at Illinois for the DC job. And he didn't openly get sour at Missouri when they passed him up for the DC gig. Follow college football instead of looking to quibble your way out of mistakes.

Let's see if Kool turns down the UM DC gig if Diaz gets a HC gig. "Nah. No thanks, Coach Richt. I'm good with staying the DL coach."

Nah, According to you, he said "out of his own mouth that he wants to move up the coaching ladder. He said he wants to be a DC and then a HC." So who's quibbling?

Show me where he said that and let's move forward. When you get catty it looks like you got caught making **** up. I admitted I wasn't aware of him making his desire public and asked for a link to support what you say. So just stick to the subject and show me where he said that, or don't and we'll move forward.. It's that simple.

Advertisement
Back