Coach Hayes (Good, Bad, Ugly)

Advertisement
I like Coach Hayes. He's always a fun watch and one of the most likeable guys on the net. I still haven't seen the 4 downs from the 2 and was thinking he'd cover that.

That TD throw to Downs while Maye was getting sacked made me want to break my 62" TV and have everyone pour out of my house with my wife and kids crying. Or whatever that meme is. Absolutely fuming that they didn't call the hold, and just as angry at Stevenson missing the tackle

Watching this is making me realize that TS is getting hung out to dry by these safeties. This wasn’t Kams finest hour. And the “Swiss army knife” role that we are trying to create for JW is causing him to think too much it seems.

As a whole this team doesn’t have a high Football IQ either. Especially on D.

TVD played lights out.

Advertisement
Watching this is making me realize that TS is getting hung out to dry by these safeties. This wasn’t Kams finest hour. And the “Swiss army knife” role that we are trying to create for JW is causing him to think too much it seems.

TVD played lights out.
This. Every single Time I watch the tape back defensively we have guys at all 3 levels free lancing. It’s really a recipe for disaster and it has shown the last two games

TVD played lights out.
Facts. The trend of SoFla athletes having low football IQ is getting tougher to ignore.

TVD played lights out.
Makes me think that maybe steeles system worked at auburn cause he was there four years and maybe just in general had better players. I know the DL was better. And he sent a couple corners to the league

Advertisement
As poor as the D played at times, they forced 2 turnovers and only gave up 27 points to one of the top offenses in the country. That should have been enough to win this game.

One billion percent this. Not elite defense by any means, but you know UNC is going to score points and move the ball. To score 24 against the swiss cheese UNC defense is beyond inexcusable.

Advertisement
At the risk of being skewered, there were positives upon which the team can build from Saturday’s disappointing game. The team adjusted in the second half defensively and held a pretty high powered offense largely in check. From an offensive standpoint, TVD was much better and some guys like Colbie Young stepped up. This season has been a huge disappointment so far, but if they build and improve the rest of the way, and have a good recruiting class, things can get better fairly quickly.

Having said all that, I would like to see a better offensive scheme, but I understand that we are limited based upon not having a lot of playmakers.

As poor as the D played at times, they forced 2 turnovers and only gave up 27 points to one of the top offenses in the country. That should have been enough to win this game.
Oh make no mistake. I am absolutely on the "Gattis Gotta GO!" train right now. Steele's defense has played well enough for us to be 4-1 right. (MSTU was his lone F up).

I am just countering the folks who have said TS has been playing like trash. Every week I see these GBU breakdowns..it seems like these safeties are really the ones who are at fault majority of the time.

Advertisement
Why Mario/Gattis don't try running from a spread 4 wide type set is baffling to me. Don't allow the defense to either match or create a numbers advantage with limited space to operate from. Make it make sense.
They insist on pounding it up the middle when it's been made clear to everyone that we can't do that against any team not named Bethune.

Oh make no mistake. I am absolutely on the "Gattis Gotta GO!" train right now. Steele's defense has played well enough for us to be 4-1 right. (MSTU was his lone F up).

I am just countering the folks who have said TS has been playing like trash. Every week I see these GBU breakdowns..it seems like these safeties are really the ones who are at fault majority of the time.
The safety play has been disappointing. Too many mental lapses and blown coverages.

A loss hurts bad, the defense did play ok (in the second half) to get us the win...so did the offense for that matter. The play call on 4th & 3 early in the 3rd quarter sucked. We get the pick, keep the momentum we had going into half...then gave up the sack (to a horrible defense). UNC drives for a FG.

That coupled with the fumble that resulted in a UNC FG...are huge plays in the game that UNC capitalized on. 6 point swing right there...all because of play calling and execution on offense.

TVD played lights out.
Very low football iq if we're being honest. It's not even average

Advertisement
Back