Coach Hartley taking shots

He wants recruits to understand the difference between a real offer, meaning one they can actually commit to, and something else. A non-committable offer means they can't accept even if they want to. An offer to camp...is an offer to camp.

"Do your special trick and I might marry you" is not the same as "Will you marry me?"

Yea that's what I thought, but am I the only one who thinks it's weird or not a good idea to be putting these kids on blast?

Advertisement
Glad he is taking it on. Some kids act like we don't recruit them hard enough when all we did was not waste their time with a bogus "offer" so we look interested.

He wants recruits to understand the difference between a real offer, meaning one they can actually commit to, and something else. A non-committable offer means they can't accept even if they want to. An offer to camp...is an offer to camp.

"Do your special trick and I might marry you" is not the same as "Will you marry me?"

Going out on a limb with this but Georgia is also recruiting this guy Wydermyer. AND the "offer" but to camp was the issue with Kevin Harris and Georgia. They offered him - he wanted to accept but they said he had to camp and wouldn't take the committment.

Advertisement
That coach says he Had a few of his kids get recruited by saban only to not allow them to commit. Kids blew off other schools only to find out theire spot wasn’t held at bama. He also claimed other “unethical recruiting practices”. I’m not saying that Hartley was specifically referring to bama but referring to that type of scenario.
That kid from UGA that was forced to greyshirt. That was bull****. What was that kids name a few years ago who we gave a track ship to and he transferred ? 5 star from up north very fast, forgot his name, don't know if he ever played again?

I AGREE- BUT HE PROLLY TALKING BOUT LOGANS BAMA OFFER- BUT LOGAN TRIED TO COMMIT TO US AND WE DIDNT TAKE THE COMMIT! SO IM A BIT CONFUSED ON HOW A RECRUIT WOULD TAKE THAT!

Advertisement
The dofference between our non-committable offers and other schools is we tell kids and show them who we have above them.

Sometimes it backfires like the kid from Oxbridge and sometimes it works such as the case with Nigel Bethal

If you don't think Jaden Davis has a real offer, uh, okay.

There's a difference between having an offer and us pushing hard for a commit

Some on this site, including some who usually have good info, and one of the 247 guys (maybe Ivins) don’t think Davis can commit to UM. Also you skipped the other two I mentioned

Advertisement

Candidate for post of the year!

Go Canes

Advertisement
If you don't think Jaden Davis has a real offer, uh, okay.

There's a difference between having an offer and us pushing hard for a commit

It’s been reported by the people who run this site that he doesn’t, so? And I’m with you, he SHOULD be able to commit but ok I’ll still give you that one. What about the other two? Logan and Nunn? As well as Darius Williams. All guys we’ve “offered”.

I like Hartley, he is our best guy on the trail but I mean everyone does it, us included. It’s apart of the game, that’s accepted.

Advertisement
Back