Coach Golden gets it done....

CIS Recruiting 101 lesson for today:

"It's July" is OK to downplay commits we get, but not to downplay commits we don't get.

Any commitment of a recruit to another school is a failure by the staff, and only this staff.

Any recruit committed to Miami that doesn't play DT should be greeted, not with excitement, but with "Can he play DT?"

This. We land a guy in July and all the mopes talk about how its too early and it wont stick. We lose a guy in July and it's because the staff blows.

Advertisement
Coley and crew got the offensive studs that they are supposed to get. This isn't new and has been going on since Duke's commitment.

I want defensive stalwarts. It's Johnson, Irvin, and Cole's move now.

Got to disagree some here. At the moment they are getting more O studs than before. We have gotten a stud or two each year. Heck, now they are getting almost all of them and in two classes at once. Everyone cried that we didn't get Joe, Sony AND Cook last year. Well, 2015 has all three plus huge stud from 2016 who might on might not join 2015. This year is much better on offense, and we have better shot at the TE(at BTW now) we want. Last year loaded the defense more than we have seen before(yeah I know slave trader stole our jewel). I have plenty of issues with Al about coaching but his recruiting has not been bad at all. Now it is starting to look scary good. 2016 has the look of one for the ages. Mo is on our side right now.

2012=They get Duke, Jean-Louis (Never got in, but the commitment still counts), Lewis, Isadora, and Flowers. They miss on Cooper, Avery Young, Ferguson, and Pender. By and large they got the major studs and still got the best offensive player in South Florida.

2013=They get Coley and miss on Collins, Whitfield, and Kirkland. For such a small class, they got the best offensive player again, the gem that they needed to get.

2014=They Yearby, McDermott, Darling, Langham, and Gray. They miss on Cook, Sony, Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, and Harris. This is the class where they missed on a lot of studs, but had room to give because there were so many studs to get. In all honesty, they needed to get either Cook or Sony to go with Yearby.

We've been getting more than our share of the offensive giants for me to be generally satisfied without getting greedy. Defensively, we've missed big every year save for Chickilo, Howard, Bush, McCord, Muhammad, Burns, Grace, Thomas, Harris, Moten, and a few late bloomers. I want balance where we get at least 4-5 of the South Florida defensive studs to go along with the 5-6 offensive players we've been getting. It hasn't happened so far and I'm cautious for this cycle. But to the major point, recruiting is on an upswing to put it mildly and it's nice for a change.

Thank you for your response.

We will compensate the misses of Lane, Rudolph, Dixon, and Cooper.

With the WR haul we will get. This year, next year and 17.

Would take Coley over any of them.

Just like we have compensated for the Collins, Cook and Sony misses. Aka Yearby and the other 4 horsemen.

Coley and crew got the offensive studs that they are supposed to get. This isn't new and has been going on since Duke's commitment.

Got to disagree some here. At the moment they are getting more O studs than before. We have gotten a stud or two each year. Heck, now they are getting almost all of them and in two classes at once. Everyone cried that we didn't get Joe, Sony AND Cook last year. Well, 2015 has all three plus huge stud from 2016 who might on might not join 2015. This year is much better on offense, and we have better shot at the TE(at BTW now) we want. Last year loaded the defense more than we have seen before(yeah I know slave trader stole our jewel). I have plenty of issues with Al about coaching but his recruiting has not been bad at all. Now it is starting to look scary good. 2016 has the look of one for the ages. Mo is on our side right now.

2012=They get Duke, Jean-Louis (Never got in, but the commitment still counts), Lewis, Isadora, and Flowers. They miss on Cooper, Avery Young, Ferguson, and Pender. By and large they got the major studs and still got the best offensive player in South Florida.

2013=They get Coley and miss on Collins, Whitfield, and Kirkland. For such a small class, they got the best offensive player again, the gem that they needed to get.

2014=They Yearby, McDermott, Darling, Langham, and Gray. They miss on Cook, Sony, Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, and Harris. This is the class where they missed on a lot of studs, but had room to give because there were so many studs to get. In all honesty, they needed to get either Cook or Sony to go with Yearby.

We've been getting more than our share of the offensive giants for me to be generally satisfied without getting greedy. Defensively, we've missed big every year save for Chickilo, Howard, Bush, McCord, Muhammad, Burns, Grace, Thomas, Harris, Moten, and a few late bloomers. I want balance where we get at least 4-5 of the South Florida defensive studs to go along with the 5-6 offensive players we've been getting. It hasn't happened so far and I'm cautious for this cycle. But to the major point, recruiting is on an upswing to put it mildly and it's nice for a change.

Just like we have compensated for the Collins, Cook and Sony misses. Aka Yearby and the other 4 horsemen.

Not to be a mope, but compensating in later recruiting classes pushes back the timetable for winning. At this rate we will, rectify the misses but not missing in the first place would obviously be preferred.

It's possible and reasonable to evaluate Golden on what he's done/is doing AND what he has not yet done. (The 2015 class has studs AND lacks in critical positions. The 2016 class is freakish AND it's a year and a half from signing. Golden's staff seems to finally be humming in recruiting, SFla especially, AND we have to see wins on the actual field or it's all for naught.)

The problem is that most people have no interest in being measured about the their information or opinions.

Not to be a mope, but compensating in later recruiting classes pushes back the timetable for winning. At this rate we will, rectify the misses but not missing in the first place would obviously be preferred.
If staff lands Ridley. My personal opinion, immediately makes up for two out of Lane, Rudolph and Dixon. Then continuing with the 2016 class would cover anything else.

We forget we got Coley. Lewis a stud. Waters was a steal. Berrios one of best slot to come out in a long time. Brady was a steal. Gray could be a star RB or receiver if he makes it. Langham was no push over WR we got either.

This not including, the guys graduating this year.

We're acting like we don't have anything.

1. Dixon loss doesn't bother me. Already compensated.
2. Lane and Rudolph bother me but that can be compensated already in 2015.
3. Cooper was compensated when we got Coley.

Skill positions are a dime a dozen. I've said this in an earlier thread, the losses that sting is the DTs and Matthew Thomas. Any other misses are already being made up for.

Advertisement
One word sticks out when I think about this recruiting staff the last few years:

resilient

Things have been up and down, but the staff has shown amazing ability to just keep grinding and usually things end up working out in the long run. Flaws? Sure. But just when you think they are down, they bounce back.

Hopefully they're resilient with guys like C. Ridley as well. Totally agree though, they kept on Scarlett when most on this board thought he was not coming here.

UM is supposed to get most of the local bosses. Lou, Howard and Jimmy built this thing to where UM should get these guys.

Recruiting is supposed to be Fat Al's main strength. Till now, he's been below average at his supposed strength. The only reason guys are so surprised by us getting big time bosses is because the product Fat has put on the field has been an incredible abomination.

Now, we are supposed to fawn over this guy because he appears to be doing what he should have been doing all along? Go win some gotdam games, stop having your team quit on you, field a defense that isn't a historical embarrassment, and don't disappear for a week begging for another college job while your school president has no idea where you are, and you'll get some plaudits.

I m still waiting for Cook to go to UM like Franchise said he was when only an idiot would have thought that. I would discount anything and everything this clown writes.

Advertisement
UM is supposed to get most of the local bosses. Lou, Howard and Jimmy built this thing to where UM should get these guys.

Recruiting is supposed to be Fat Al's main strength. Till now, he's been below average at his supposed strength. The only reason guys are so surprised by us getting big time bosses is because the product Fat has put on the field has been an incredible abomination.

Now, we are supposed to fawn over this guy because he appears to be doing what he should have been doing all along? Go win some gotdam games, stop having your team quit on you, field a defense that isn't a historical embarrassment, and don't disappear for a week begging for another college job while your school president has no idea where you are, and you'll get some plaudits.

199.gif

I still dont understand the obvious hate golden gets ... What golden has done here so far is good especially what he came into a program that was under the ncaa and had just had one of the worst coaches in the history of ncaa football randy shannon..... To think changes would be overnite is crazy... Shannon and the ncaa tried to destroy us and they pretty much did... Believe or not the U became 2ndtier ... So we finally get the decision from the ncaa late in the recruting season last year we get a solid class.... Now look whats happening its not difficult people ncaa handcuffs are off and look what this staff is doing ... This last week is the best recruiting week i have ever seen in miami football this goes back 30 years ...now these guys still have to stick ..but with the leadership of golden and this staff its great to be!!!!

I still dont understand the obvious hate golden gets ... What golden has done here so far is good especially what he came into a program that was under the ncaa and had just had one of the worst coaches in the history of ncaa football randy shannon..... To think changes would be overnite is crazy... Shannon and the ncaa tried to destroy us and they pretty much did... Believe or not the U became 2ndtier ... So we finally get the decision from the ncaa late in the recruting season last year we get a solid class.... Now look whats happening its not difficult people ncaa handcuffs are off and look what this staff is doing ... This last week is the best recruiting week i have ever seen in miami football this goes back 30 years ...now these guys still have to stick ..but with the leadership of golden and this staff its great to be!!!!

I think the dislike is based upon the collapse at the end of last season (including the loss to Duke and the team quitting on him in the Rustled Athletic Bowl), the horrific defense during his tenure, the way he went about his PSU job effort, his significant failures in recruiting and his loyalty to D'Onofrio. Hopefully, he can turn the corner with the team and win some games, continue the momentum in recruiting and field a much better defense.

We won 9 games last year with a mash squad without duke no depth because of the ncaabull****.... What do people want im realistic i know we became a 2nd tier college footbal program shannon and the ncaa ddi this over a 10 year run ... Its not going to happen overnite ... I mean if you cant see the impact the ncaa had on recruiting your blind the decision was made and look whats happening the staff is on a roll.... I do not understand the hate golden gets i get negged because i like golden and want the team to do good... And im realistic .. If we keep this up golden and staff will bring us back from the depths that randy and the ncaa lefts us

Advertisement

I agree with you, but its important not to understate you were having to recruit with one hand behind your back when we didn't know what was going to happen with the whole NCAA deal.

Now is the time to judge him after all this is past now

!. get it done on the field
2. get some of the local 2015 studs on board that don't play RB

with that said i give full props to golden and his staff for the incredible start to the 2016 cycle

[/QUOTE]
That said, best Canes day in a long long time.[/QUOTE]

Well except for the rape thing..................:noidea:

Advertisement
Golden is definitely doing work despite what some idiots on here think. One coach that deserves credit who isn't getting mentioned is Brennan Carroll. Putting in work.

You can disagree with the Coach Golden all you want because it is your right, but IMO the minute you start saying things like "Fat Al" your argument is thrown in the trash. If you have to get your point across by using personal insults it shows a lack of character. I hate some of the things AL does too but just because you disagree doesn't mean you say things like that. It just helps make people not take your argument seriously.

Golden is definitely doing work despite what some idiots on here think. One coach that deserves credit who isn't getting mentioned is Brennan Carroll. Putting in work.

Was a good recruiter at USC too people forget that

Why do people keep saying the team quit on Golden last year? That Bowl game was a disaster, and we didn't show up for it there's no disputing that.... But if they quit on Golden how do you explain the success the team is having recruiting all these top tier players of late? The recruits talk to our players, and if there was any negativity towards Golden and the staff the kids would know..... I know it's only a verbal commitment and they can change their minds but listening to kids like Bruce & Cronkite they want to build something special and IMO they want to do it with Golden.....

I think the dislike is based upon the collapse at the end of last season (including the loss to Duke and the team quitting on him in the Rustled Athletic Bowl), the horrific defense during his tenure, the way he went about his PSU job effort, his significant failures in recruiting and his loyalty to D'Onofrio. Hopefully, he can turn the corner with the team and win some games, continue the momentum in recruiting and field a much better defense.

Advertisement
Back