Coach Golden Deserves Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special teams won us that Nebraska game with 5 filed goals and exceptional coverage.

Who's the special teams coach again?

@Canes26esquire

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ask yourself this question: "could Al have a better record thus far this season than he does now?" Anyone who can't see that we're back is just blinded by hatred of a guy who stuck with us when many highly sought after coaches would have bailed.

Exactly. These guys expect UM to win 100-0 every week. Unrealistic. To your point, Al himself turned down at least 4 other HC offers at prestigious football programs, including his alma mater, to stick with us through the storm. Now, these ingrates want to fire him at 4-0 in year 2.

Ask yourself this question: "could Al have a better record thus far this season than he does now?" Anyone who can't see that we're back is just blinded by hatred of a guy who stuck with us when many highly sought after coaches would have bailed.

Exactly. These guys expect UM to win 100-0 every week. Unrealistic. To your point, Al himself turned down at least 4 other HC offers at prestigious football programs, including his alma mater, to stick with us through the storm. Now, these ingrates want to fire him at 4-0 in year 2.

Worst.Fans.Ever.

What coach would want to come here when the lynch mob is out to get Al at 4-0 in year 2?

I am part of the minority here who also preaches patience as a virtue in most cases.

That said, I believe it has been made clear by the coaching staff that an ACC coastal Division win and ACC Championship appearance is the goal.
If they do no reach that goal then I believe people here who want him fired are justified in saying so. Until then I will just sit back and see what happens.

Worst.Fans.Ever.

What coach would want to come here when the lynch mob is out to get Al at 4-0 in year 2?

Bunch of childish ranting from peasants. That's why I've pretty much got this whole board on ignore and why I'm thinking seriously about making a dramatic post threatening to leave the board. I'm only here for Pete's articles at this point.

Advertisement

Worst.Fans.Ever.

Bunch of childish ranting from peasants. That's why I've pretty much got this whole board on ignore and why I'm thinking seriously about making a dramatic post threatening to leave the board. I'm only here for Pete's articles at this point.

I've already left the board.

I am truly ashamed to call OP a colleague. This poRst deserves a bar complaint.

If we can win 8 games this year that will be major improvement. I would be happy if we can give FSU and Clemson good games and be in it for the Coastal into November.

If we only win 7 or less, then I agree with OP. I think we should maybe get rid of Williams and/or D'Onofrio. We need to make a power move like that.

"I think we should maybe get rid of Williams and/or D'Onofrio. We need to make a power move like that."

That may be too powerful. You don't want to over react.
Maybe more time and some new # slogans would do the trick.
Remember according to Al we just got practice fields this year.
So it will take time to get acclimated to that.

LOL you have to be joking right . So this guy gets a free pass for losing ?

Don't underestimate the power of a # slogan.
Powerfull stuff.

Worst.Fans.Ever.

I've already left the board.

All this has me ded.

:6e482c_o:

Advertisement
I am part of the minority here who also preaches patience as a virtue in most cases.

That said, I believe it has been made clear by the coaching staff that an ACC coastal Division win and ACC Championship appearance is the goal.
If they do no reach that goal then I believe people here who want him fired are justified in saying so. Until then I will just sit back and see what happens.

A head coach in his fifth year at Miami has lowered expectations to such a stupefying level that he's set winning the pathetic ACC Coastal as the goal. In Year 5. At this program. And certain fans have eaten it up. There are no words for any fan who believes that's an acceptable goal for a coach in his fifth year at Miami. A mere appearance in the conference title game isn't an accomplishment.

Meanwhile, a real coach who demands excellence like Tom Herman set the goal of competing in a New Year's Day bowl game in his very first year at Houston of all places.

Worst.Fans.Ever.

Drama Queen, in Spades!

I have never seen a post with a -90 rating, until now. Learn something new every day :)

Advertisement
Some of you people on here are just too busy b!tching to see the progress thats been made.

I'm so glad coach can ignore the noise and has us off to a powerful 3-0 start. You guys just need to give up, because Al isn't going anywhere with an undefeated record. pshh

Some of you people on here are just too busy b!tching to see the progress thats been made.

I'm so glad coach can ignore the noise and has us off to a powerful 3-0 start. You guys just need to give up, because Al isn't going anywhere with an undefeated record. pshh

He started out 7-0 in 2014 and then went 6-7 last year. **** outta here.

He started out 7-0 in 2014 and then went 6-7 last year. **** outta here.

Well what do you expect when you have a team full of guys that are just ME guys and can't wait to jump ship for the NFL. As you can tell by this undefeated start we are making progress. You people just don't understand how a process works.

Advertisement
I pray the OP is a prosecutor if I'm ever a defendant. Again.

What I see around here are just a bunch of mopes who don't have the same sort of patience as fans of teams like Alabama, Ohio State, and Florida State.

@Canes26esquire

hard to believe someone can be such a supporter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back