Coach Field heading out to see D. Washington

It really doesn't make any sense for him to go elsewhere other than Univ of Miami. Even though some teams are winning they are still not producing the talent like we are in this particular position. This group has 3 out of the 4 TEs for this season scoring a TD in 4 games .
That's unbelievable stat line!

Sell it and close him coach Field...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Questions?

Yes Iowa is just as good as Miami now for producing NFL TEs so Midwestern/small town guys should go there instead. D Washington is from Vegas so I'm pretty sure Miami is a better cultural fit than Iowa.

As for your other "question" .... I completely disagree with you. Maybe 5% of recruits would choose being in contention for a national championship and getting limited touches over getting featured in a pro-style offense and getting more opportunities to make a career out of football.

In all seriousness, that is purely your opinion. You have zero idea if that is true or not. You surveyed every kid in America to get to that 5% figure or you just throwing that out there to emphasize your point? Maybe the kid says to himself, “UGA doesn’t throw the ball to their TE’s as much as Miami..but I’m a talented kid and I’ll get my shot in the league regardless. I also will get much more and better exposure playing in a better conference and playing in more important games”. These kids are getting their *** kissed non stop and people telling them every single day how good they are. Maybe he thinks, “Nah, UGA will throw the ball to me when I’m there cause I’m that good”. I GAURANTEE you that Hartley, Coley, and Smart are telling the kid something to counter the “UGA doesn’t throw the football to the TE” narrative that I’m sure they know is being used against them. I worked in the recruiting department for a team that has gone to the CFB playoff every year since it began. I’ve also worked in an NFL front office for several years. I say that to tell you that I know and have developed relationships with plenty of current NFL’ers who were highly touted so I’m not just pulling all of this out of my ***. Yes, development for the NFL is important but kids want to ******* Win man. Elite kids that have the opportunity to play ANYWHERE in America...extremely rare they pass on the opportunity to go play for a team that will contend every year to go play for a team that doesn’t even have a conference title. You have your exceptions, obviously as we have gotten our fair share but a West Coast kid who isn’t from this area? Kids want to win man. We can go at this for days honestly. But my ultimate point is for anyone to say, “It MUST be bags” if a kid chooses UGA right now... a program that is shelling money into their football team and winning and contending for titles yearly... over a 2-2 program that is closer to being irrelevant than the alternative, is just ridiculous IMO. Have a good day sir.

Don't have a problem with Field going out there. We already have 1 TE committed so getting Washington is more icing on the cake as opposed to a need at the position.

Obviously sounds like UGA leads but IF we win the games we should, finish with a good season (10 wins), and keep showcasing Brevin, Mallory, Hodges, etc. then I think we have a shot

Advertisement
Or maybe it’s the whole running away with winning their division and competing for/getting into the CFB playoff the last few years?

Before the “OH hERe COmEsS tHe UnDeRCOvER UGa fan” bull**** from anyone....

First, kill yourself

Second, the most pathetic and over played thing on this site...and it isn’t even close ... is that every kid we lose, we lost because of “bags”. We are sitting here at 2-2 with a 17-12 victory over CMU, and if we lose a kid to UGA...it’s because of bags? These kids just want to go somewhere and win and play bigtime ball. UGA using the TE would be a plus, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter more than winning. Brevin will be a Mackey award finalist and Mallory will put up numbers too but if we go 7-5 then that TE **** doesn’t mean a **** thing to that kid If we are playing the day after Christmas in El Paso for the next 3 years.

If it were only about production every top WR would sign with Mike Leach every year and every top RB would sign with Wisconsin. I’m exaggerating but you get my **** point.

Winning and SERIOUSLY competing for championships.... get it through your ******* skull.
What trumps winning to these kids is money...not bag money, but the prospect of making NFL money...that's the lottery ticket they are looking for. UGA coaches I'm sure tell recruits what they want to hear, much like every other CFB coach/recruiter...plus, they come with gifts (bags). It's a no-brainer. The sad part is when the used car salesman line these kids get doesn't pan out to opportunities on the field. Then they are stuck with a lifetime net earning of ~$60k-$100k from football. That is pocket change in the long run

Wouldn’t this guy make a great left tackle. Way more professional money in that position. And, its a postion of need. He has the size, athleticism and power. Drop the bag on him!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back