Coach Ed Pata

Advertisement
Previous coaching experience, Ed Pata has.

68lrd0.jpg

Advertisement
Sometimes you just never know. I had no idea coach Pata had so much on field coaching experience.
Great guy and a great fit with Mirabal. They both taught/teach the double under blocking technique. It's one thing to have a GA/assistant who learns it from you but to have someone who has actually run an OL meeting room as the 2nd voice is huge imo.

Not sure if this has been posted yet if it has mods please delete, but a lot of great Information. Talking about the previous staff and the current staff.

4 Offensive Line coaches - all about them trenches

I am not a fan of sports interviews, especially with coaches as it normally entails coaches speaking like....coaches, with not much of substance to offer because they tend to be guarded in what they say and this is usually made worse by the Susan Miller Dingbats of the world who ask 5th-gradr questions.
But this was quite the opposite! Good, simple questions letting Pata speak and speaking of him, very thoughtful, open and articulate (I know, I sound like Billy Packer) person who had alot to share especially, as he noted, his particular ties to soFLA and the UM.
Good on these fellas who produced this interview and may Pata continue to climb the coaching ladder.

Advertisement
I probably was the only guy wondering during the OL/DL drills who Pata was....had no clue.

Guys looked exhausted in the OL/DL drills from getting so many reps when they broke up into smaller groups...which is ultimately a good thing as it will separate the kids that want to work from the kids that want the easy street road.

He mentions we are going to run the ball a lot. I understand that that’s an important part of the game plan and I’m not advocating air raid at all, but just hope we don’t force a ground and pound attack and limit TVD’s talent. The end of last year he was on a tear and the offense seemed more pass happy/spread.

Great guy and a great fit with Mirabal. They both taught/teach the double under blocking technique. It's one thing to have a GA/assistant who learns it from you but to have someone who has actually run an OL meeting room as the 2nd voice is huge imo.
Thanks for the insight. It sounds like the Pata family is class personified. It’s great seeing these young Kings get opportunities.

Advertisement
He mentions we are going to run the ball a lot. I understand that that’s an important part of the game plan and I’m not advocating air raid at all, but just hope we don’t force a ground and pound attack and limit TVD’s talent. The end of last year he was on a tear and the offense seemed more pass happy/spread.
It would be very miami of last 15 years to FINALLY get a legit impact QB and the coach decided to neuter him so he can ground and pound.. I wont believe it until I see it.. But this dude had Justin Freakin Herbert..

I probably was the only guy wondering during the OL/DL drills who Pata was....had no clue.

Guys looked exhausted in the OL/DL drills from getting so many reps when they broke up into smaller groups...which is ultimately a good thing as it will separate the kids that want to work from the kids that want the easy street road.
I think this is one of the biggest developments of the program since Mario took over. With all the new hires it allows for alot more coaching and teaching. I think this is going to have a huge impact on development and should help translate alot more on the field

It would be very miami of last 15 years to FINALLY get a legit impact QB and the coach decided to neuter him so he can ground and pound.. I wont believe it until I see it.. But this dude had Justin Freakin Herbert..
You have to remember the wide receivers that Oregon had while Herbert was there. I'm pretty sure Mario mentioned it somewhere that they just didn't have the weapons to fully maximize Herbert. The WR room was alot of 1st and 2nd year guys that were trash

Advertisement
The picture of the OB in the background... That joint was like nothing else on earth.

But he didn't have gattis! Who is an alpha personality(broyels winner) it will be a mix of philosophy and our players.

Advertisement
Back