Coach Diaz & more... Post Practice Presser 8/25/17

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;hNMBqiTwMFY]https://youtu.be/hNMBqiTwMFY[/video]
[video=youtube_share;1bJV_Mjtzw8]https://youtu.be/1bJV_Mjtzw8[/video]
[video=youtube_share;o3vsH4n6SCU]https://youtu.be/o3vsH4n6SCU[/video]

Advertisement
Don't know why they even uploaded a 37sec video of Coach Hartley lol.

LCE

giphy.gif

Michael Jackson is the starter on the outside with Dee Delaney. Coach Diaz said hes had a better camp then Malek Young. Can't wait to see his progress on the field.

Advertisement
I like Diaz talking about how ideally he wants to have SAM's that are flexible enough to leave on the field vs 3 WR sets.

He's got big brass ones.

Michael Jackson is the starter on the outside with Dee Delaney. Coach Diaz said hes had a better camp then Malek Young. Can't wait to see his progress on the field.

Did not see that one coming; expected it to be Young or Dean

Advertisement

Something was telling me Jackson was doing much better than Dean but being top 2 over Young caught me by surprise.

Michael does have the measurables you want in a cb so if he's performing better than Young, as impressive as he's been, that is very good news for this team.

Me thinks the old man gave #87 a talking to and he listened very intently. Huge opportunity here for him. Back-up Herndon for a year and the be the man at TE U. That 1st round $$ smells awfully good. He still has some work to do physically, but all the other tools are there.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

Something was telling me Jackson was doing much better than Dean but being top 2 over Young caught me by surprise.

Michael does have the measurables you want in a cb so if he's performing better than Young, as impressive as he's been, that is very good news for this team.
I'm pretty sure it won't stay that way all season.

Last year, Elder, Colbert, Redwine & Young all started at different points in the season.
Some of it was due to injury & some of it was due to matchup.

Diaz likes rotational depth, you can bet money throughout the season Delaney, Young, Dean, Jackson & Bandy will all play as "starters" during games.

Didn't Young have like 30 interceptions* in the scrimmages? Really surprised to hear that Jackson was named the starter.

* Yes, I am deliberately exaggerating for effect

Got to be able to tackle and lock down those short passes (like Corn last year), Jackson probably did better at that during camp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back