Coach diaz and coach Johnson article

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess JJ has cleaned up and rebuilt since Irma. His land kind of sticks out in the Atlantic and took a beating. I use to have a place up the road in Key Largo in the 70’s and almost bought some land close to the spread he got much later. Keyes are fantastic until one of our namesakes shows up.

Advertisement
It’s good to know that JJ likes Manny and seems like he will make himself available when needed.

Hopefully JJ can give Manny and the rest of the staff some pointers on evaluating players cause to me there is no one better at doing that and that includes Butch who I think learned from Jimmy.

Advertisement
It’s good to know that JJ likes Manny and seems like he will make himself available when needed.

Hopefully JJ can give Manny and the rest of the staff some pointers on evaluating players cause to me there is no one better at doing that and that includes Butch who I think learned from Jimmy.

Ill say this between the 2, butch was the best highschool talent evaluator, jimmy was the better college talent evaluator coming to the pro's! But than again, it depends on what scale we grading on, cause if we go by who recruited the most hall of famers or hall of fame caliber players, now that would be interesting, fun, an a battle!

Yes he started working with Jimmy in '79 at Okla ST..... Believe it or not he was first a Receivers and Tight end coach then switched to the dark side...lol

Pretty sure jimmy has said something along those lines for the last 3 hires. He’s a UM company man and legend..and I love him for it
It’s not what jimmy said about manny that’s interesting... what jimmy said about richt is telling to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if Diaz tried to get some ideas from Johnson about how he evaluated kids he was thinking of offering. With the other coaches, Johnson praised the hires, which was expected, but the backstory with Bradshaw talking about Diaz at La Tech was interesting. That one year at Texas has been the only blemish on his record. I have a feeling the UNC game will be fun this year.

I wonder if Diaz tried to get some ideas from Johnson about how he evaluated kids he was thinking of offering. With the other coaches, Johnson praised the hires, which was expected, but the backstory with Bradshaw talking about Diaz at La Tech was interesting. That one year at Texas has been the only blemish on his record. I have a feeling the UNC game will be fun this year.
I am impressed but shouldn't be surprised that Manny got down to talk with JJ but also with Belichick. All good leaders learn from the greats. We r in good hands. Glad JJ also said head coaches shouldn't call plays. 🙌

The Herald article about them getting together is a much better one for those who haven't seen it.

Ill say this between the 2, butch was the best highschool talent evaluator, jimmy was the better college talent evaluator coming to the pro's! But than again, it depends on what scale we grading on, cause if we go by who recruited the most hall of famers or hall of fame caliber players, now that would be interesting, fun, an a battle!
who do you think have butch his first college coaching gig.butch was a high school hc in Oklahoma when jj hired him.

Advertisement
Back