Coach diaz and coach Johnson article

Love the fact that Manny is embracing the old coaches, the great football minds, and wanting to learn how to be a great coach. Too many coaches think they know everything and don't embrace change and ideas from others. The fact that Manny has met with JJ and Belichick is awesome. He couldn't pick better coaches to learn from.

Advertisement
It’s not what jimmy said about manny that’s interesting... what jimmy said about richt is telling to.
“Old coaches get set in their ways.” That wasn’t specifically directed at Richt, but you know what we are thinking.

who do you think have butch his first college coaching gig.butch was a high school hc in Oklahoma when jj hired him.

I know who gave him the job, but that has absolutely nothing to do with who has a better eye for talent, cause them boys in Oklahoma have always been balla's, if it wasnt for us, that school could have easily been the team of the 80's. But when we look at the facts, what coach davis put together during his time at UM, only a jimmy johnson team at UM can be compared. I personally still think that 1986 Hurricane team was the best UM team ever if you go man for man, testa and dorse both gave their fiesta games away!

I know who gave him the job, but that has absolutely nothing to do with who has a better eye for talent, cause them boys in Oklahoma have always been balla's, if it wasnt for us, that school could have easily been the team of the 80's. But when we look at the facts, what coach davis put together during his time at UM, only a jimmy johnson team at UM can be compared. I personally still think that 1986 Hurricane team was the best UM team ever if you go man for man, testa and dorse both gave their fiesta games away!

I'm just happy they were both um coaches and I will always think how much greater our tradition would be if those two had never left.

Advertisement
You right about that, all the successful UM headcoaches regret leaving!
Butch yes Jimmy won 2 super bowls I'm not so sure about.one thing is for sure saban wouldn't top what they'd done if either stayed.butch because of what dee and the administration was trying to do to him took the best option available and I don't blame him as much as I do dee and company.

Butch yes Jimmy won 2 super bowls I'm not so sure about.one thing is for sure saban wouldn't top what they'd done if either stayed.butch because of what dee and the administration was trying to do to him took the best option available and I don't blame him as much as I do dee and company.

The assministration has always been the problem!

Ill say this between the 2, butch was the best highschool talent evaluator, jimmy was the better college talent evaluator coming to the pro's! But than again, it depends on what scale we grading on, cause if we go by who recruited the most hall of famers or hall of fame caliber players, now that would be interesting, fun, an a battle!
Not really....Actually Butch sent more 1st Rounders into the NFL than JJ and Erickson combined....

Advertisement
Not really....Actually Butch sent more 1st Rounders into the NFL than JJ and Erickson combined....

Exactly my point, therefore he was the better highschool talent evaluator! Got to the pro's and started over thinking it, which is why he draftec the boston college runningbacl instead of clinton portis!

Exactly my point, therefore he was the better highschool talent evaluator! Got to the pro's and started over thinking it, which is why he draftec the boston college runningbacl instead of clinton portis!
Green had as much potential as Portis...

Green had as much potential as Portis...

And you know what potential is means, when jimmy got to dallas, no over thinking it or getting brand new, he brought in guys who he already went to war with and it was clear as day green wasnt on clinton portis level, you sound like butch, that way of thinking is why he got it wrong in cleveland!

And you know what potential is means, when jimmy got to dallas, no over thinking it or getting brand new, he brought in guys who he already went to war with and it was clear as day green wasnt on clinton portis level, you sound like butch, that way of thinking is why he got it wrong in cleveland!
Maaannn...Stop it....Butch is a close friend...was with him 2 weeks ago....Dont need advice on a person who I've been close friends with for 24yrs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JJ didn't take too kindly of Richt basically ignoring his advice during last season about delegating playcalling duties as an HC.

Advertisement
Back