Coach Dameon Jones Discusses State Championship Run, Franklin Commitment, And More

View as article
I would seriously consider hiring Dame Jones on staff next season as an analyst...

He's the BEST recruiter in Broward & he would be an absolute weapon for us in this program.
I like that idea.. stay there for a few years then get more experience and move up the coaching tree

Advertisement
Chaminade is a school of morals and ethics unlike the other catholic schools in Broward county.

*****...They have won 3 straight because they RECRUIT better than most. Thats what Jones does.....

Its about to get even better as yall have recruited COACHES as well. Took the head of the Carver Ranches Optomist program last month to funnel the kids that way. Smart move though....

Chaminade is mini STA in the south. The minute their admin wants to win they win...the minute they dont allow certain kids to come they nose dive that same year. You can tell they opened up with the admin...we are going on 2 years in a row a Chaminade kid isnt even academically elgible....a private PREP school. Them ninjas transferring their just to play football not school.lol

I know nothing about this type of stuff but I was under the impression that private schools provided a huge umbrella that provided every bit of help there students need. You would think these kids would have tutors and every instrument at their finger tips.

Chaminde is a prep school no less. Small classes and all. I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEY HAVE KIDS NOT QUALIFYING. That being said i know alot of their staff members....most all of them are UM friendly guys or flat out UM fans.

As long as they have kids with ability...we will be in play.

That is an underrated aspect of Franklin's game. He is an all-around athlete. He can throw, he can cut, and he can hoop.

Can he run routes and catch? Receiving ability is a huge component of his projection. If he has soft hands and natural receiving skill that unlocks a lot for him. Big backs with light feet and receiving skill are often the most productive feature backs in college.

Chaminde is a prep school no less. Small classes and all. I HAVE NO CLUE HOW THEY HAVE KIDS NOT QUALIFYING. That being said i know alot of their staff members....most all of them are UM friendly guys or flat out UM fans.

Keep in mind when kids transfer into Chaminade and other catholic schools they are required to take a religion credit yearly which hurts them if they are short credits from their previous school. It is not the easiest school to go to (not saying it's Pinecrest) but it is challenging. Willie and Cam both transferred in.

Advertisement
Can he run routes and catch? Receiving ability is a huge component of his projection. If he has soft hands and natural receiving skill that unlocks a lot for him. Big backs with light feet and receiving skill are often the most productive feature backs in college.

Haven’t seen him do it, but the fact that he’s a QB and a basketball player suggests he has the coordination. Those guys are usually natural pass catchers, especially compared to your average bruiser RB.

Keep in mind when kids transfer into Chaminade and other catholic schools they are required to take a religion credit yearly which hurts them if they are short credits from their previous school. It is not the easiest school to go to (not saying it's Pinecrest) but it is challenging. Willie and Cam both transferred in.

Yea im willing to bet their academic standing aint from that religion credit.

I mean Williams transferred from Nova High of all schools....i think Moise is from Valdosta

Advertisement
This school has been really good to us. Hope they keep producing top talent. We need more schools like this one in SFL

I can't speak to the resources at Chaminade Madonna but where I live, these private, parochial schools are not known to be strong providers of services for kids who need anything extra. That includes reading resources, writing, etc. Those types of students do much better in public school unless the family can pay for tutors, etc. It's even more challenging if no one monitors the student, etc This could be part of the problem with Williams, and now Moise. Not all parents can help their kids.
Too much to write about the topic. All i will say that if a kid is allowed to play for his HS football team but can't qualify for college ppl are ignoring the well being of the student. In a situation like that I blame the school and the parents no matter what your socioeconomic class.

I can't speak to the resources at Chaminade Madonna but where I live, these private, parochial schools are not known to be strong providers of services for kids who need anything extra. That includes reading resources, writing, etc. Those types of students do much better in public school unless the family can pay for tutors, etc. It's even more challenging if no one monitors the student, etc This could be part of the problem with Williams, and now Moise. Not all parents can help their kids.

Education in Florida is shady as ****. Schools will do whatever they have to to keep a kid eligible but being eligible for high school football and qualifying for college football are two different things. Especially when it comes to religious private schools. As already mentioned, kids at STA and Chaminade have to take a “religion” class every year which is basically bible study. Not a huge issue but they’ll do whatever they can to keep a kid eligible so NCAA core classes sometimes take a backseat.

Advertisement
Yea im willing to bet their academic standing aint from that religion credit.

I mean Williams transferred from Nova High of all schools....i think Moise is from Valdosta

We need Moise in this class. At least a Williams / Huff situation where they have to redshirt but are in school and on the team.

That's why unless I get some kind of security that Western's HC gets that job then I'll find a way for Dame Jones to stay the HC there lol. Don't need to lose that pipeline.

I would seriously consider hiring Dame Jones on staff next season as an analyst...

He's the BEST recruiter in Broward & he would be an absolute weapon for us in this program.
I’d prefer that UM supplement his salary as a high school coach and leave him in position to steer kids to us.
Frankly, UM should “supplement” salaries to about 100 underpaid high school coaches around S. Florida. I could care less if this is some form of NCAA violation because that door has been kicked wide open. And it’s not like you are paying the kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back