Coach Coley tweet...

Not bashing but one of the above posters has a legitimate point. He was a tweeting machine at F$U. I remember the MY-ami tweets. The "Fear the Spear" tweets, etc. He used to **** me off with those tweets. He lands the OC gig and goes radio silent. What up with dat? Did Golden or the U put a silencer on him?

It's obvious that is the case. Just like the players, the swagger gets slowly beaten out of you the longer you are at Miami. They are trying their best to get away from anything remotely similar to our past.

Advertisement
Not bashing but one of the above posters has a legitimate point. He was a tweeting machine at F$U. I remember the MY-ami tweets. The "Fear the Spear" tweets, etc. He used to **** me off with those tweets. He lands the OC gig and goes radio silent. What up with dat? Did Golden or the U put a silencer on him?

Must be an FSU thing because Brewster is all over twitter.... I'd rather him be working for next season and recruiting than tweeting all the time

It is all the moms and grandmoms of recruits they give jobs to when the kid signs LOI. They all sit in a big shack tweeting for the coaches.

Really Fans?? the guy is simply letting us know, we could finish strong and you all are bashing him. how quickly we forget he is the reason we even have Joe Yearby. maybe if he said "we have no chance so we stop recruiting" you Fans would like that better. Support the Movement or move on.

I'm excited about Yearby, but considering Coley was hired without an extensive or successful on the field resume, he better get us more than that. At least until his on field reputation matches his incoming reputation as a top notch recruiter.

Below are all the recruits he was responsible for:

Joseph Yearby Joseph Yearby RB | 5-9/190 | Miami Central 40.9767 Miami P P
Demetrius Jackson Demetrius Jackson WDE | 6-4/220 | Booker T. Washington 40.8755 Miami P S
Tyre Brady Tyre Brady WR | 6-3/187 | South Dade 30.8479 Miami P S
Chad Thomas Chad Thomas WDE | 6-5/240 | Booker T. Washington 50.9877 Miami P S
Malik Rosier Malik Rosier DUAL | 6-2/205 | Faith Academy 30.8438 Miami P P
Ryan Mayes Ryan Mayes CB | 6-2/180 | Northwestern 30.8412 Miami P S
Trayone Gray Trayone Gray ATH | 6-2/210 | Miami Carol City 30.8576 Miami P P
Mike Smith Mike Smith OLB | 6-2/210 | Northwestern 40.8805 Miami P S
Brad Kaaya Brad Kaaya PRO | 6-4/215 | Chaminade 40.9356

Really Fans?? the guy is simply letting us know, we could finish strong and you all are bashing him. how quickly we forget he is the reason we even have Joe Yearby. maybe if he said "we have no chance so we stop recruiting" you Fans would like that better. Support the Movement or move on.

I'm excited about Yearby, but considering Coley was hired without an extensive or successful on the field resume, he better get us more than that. At least until his on field reputation matches his incoming reputation as a top notch recruiter.

Demetrius Jackson Demetrius Jackson WDE | 6-4/220 | Booker T. Washington 40.8755 Miami P S

But he didn't tweet, that diminishes these accomplishments, yes?

Im assuming...

Advertisement

Im assuming...

Good to know we have our priorities straight.

I am not sure how to look at that list. Definitely a great list, but how many national level recruits that everyone else was after, and out of those how many are not local? To me only Thomas and Yearby are coast to coast type of recruits and they are local.

I guess I was expecting more national top prospect or highly rated local prospects to come out of the Coley hire, considering his limited experience as a play caller. Maybe I need to curve my expectations a bit and will be pleasantly surprised at the staff's evaluation and development capabilities.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When I made my observation above about him tweeting less, it was just a simple observation, nothing implied. I'm happy with the job he's done from a recruiting standpoint, that list is impressive.

I am not sure how to look at that list. Definitely a great list, but how many national level recruits that everyone else was after, and out of those how many are not local? To me only Thomas and Yearby are coast to coast type of recruits and they are local.

I guess I was expecting more national top prospect or highly rated local prospects to come out of the Coley hire, considering his limited experience as a play caller. Maybe I need to curve my expectations a bit and will be pleasantly surprised at the staff's evaluation and development capabilities.

****, really? He's one guy on our staff of 10 or so.... If every coach on our staff had a list half that good we'd have the #1 class in America.

Why hasn't Coley been posting his famous 305 SWAG messages, like when he was at FSU? The kids love that stuff!

Is it a private school thing (DS's fault)?

You guys are funny in here.

even good things are turned into negatives now. until we land a few new guys and this class gets better it isn't going to change.

No, some people are just never going to be happy. We could pull in the #1 class and they would just go back to complaining about the DC. Sad it's gotten to where folks can't even enjoy the bright spots around here.

Advertisement
I'd rather have my coach focus on his job than be a corny looking ************ like Tim "duffel" Brewster on Twitter 24/7 like a 16 yr old.....juuuuuust saying

Advertisement

****, really? He's one guy on our staff of 10 or so.... If every coach on our staff had a list half that good we'd have the #1 class in America.

I think our coaches recruit by region, am I correct? If I am recruiting a region that has Northwestern, Central and Booker T, among others, and I am the local school, I would expect a list like that too. All I am saying is that I was expecting a few more big name recruits as a direct result of hiring coach Coley. Not just national recruits either, I am talking about the local kids that have decided to go away too.

and by big name recruits, I am saying recruits with offers that we went after as hard or harder than the ones we are trying to scramble to get now. So that eliminates the star argument.

Last edited:
I mean, if I lived in Tallahassee I would probably tweet more too.

Advertisement
Back