Coach clip from ESPN

Advertisement
I believe it’s understandable for us Canes to feel a bit of trepidation. A bit of skepticism. A bit of pessimism. Because those are the feelings we’ve felt for a long time.

Fast forward to today with Mario as our Head Coach. It looks different. It sounds different. It feels different. The turnaround won’t happen overnight. The downturn didn’t happen overnight. But I believe we can all be excited about the future with all the pieces that Mario has brought together to bring our Canes back from the doldrums of the last 15-20 years.

Advertisement
Mario has me slightly north of "cautiously optimistic", which for me is actually pretty impressive.
Mario will accomplish what I had hoped Richt would do and make us a respectable program again. Maybe he takes us to the promised land, still early on that but I 100% believe he will have us compete for and winning the ACC in the near future.

Advertisement

YawningAnxiousGlobefish-max-1mb.gif

Some of our past coaches were even afraid to state what the goals of the team were so that if they came short they wouldn't be critiqued.
golden was the worst at it.With Mario everyone knows the goal is NC.

Advertisement
We’ve heard it all before, sure we have. But we are also witnessing a proven blueprint being implemented and influx of money like we have never seen.

We may not be undefeated but this feels different in every aspect of the program.

Advertisement
This comes back to the money. UM NOW has the money to:
1. give a HC an 80 million dollar contract
2. Spend to hire the best assistants in the country, not just at OC and DC but at position coaches and analysts
3. A top notch strength and nutrition program
4. top notch facilities
5. NIL money for recruits and current players

Understand that none of this existed until now. None. Zero.
So to compare this HC and this situation to any previous situation is really a waste of time. So get on board and enjoy this because Mario is not merely the “next” HC, he is playing with completely different cards than everyone before him.

Advertisement
Back