Coach Banda Interview on WQAM 560 AM

Advertisement
Enough talk... win now, then talk

Understanable, but we live in a 24/7 news cycle and there are hours to fill. Sports news culture dictates that these coaches do interview. The minute they don't—now they're "trying to keep things in house" or "have something to hide". The get blamed for ducking the media (by fans) and whatnot.

For those who like to listen to this stuff, good for them. For those who couldn't care less (me included), tune out and don't listen.

Good interview with Coach Banda and his philosophy on recruits sliding into his DM. **** coach LMAO, I see why he is a ace recruiter, he is using those playa playa bartender creep'n skills.

Go Canes
If it helps pull the hoes. It should help pull the Joe's...

Advertisement
Somebody posted on another thread the more than decent recruits he's picked up . Now with some experience in that unit it's to solidify that part of the D.

It time to :****: or get off the pot, we can't afford having assistant coaches taking 4-5 years before they make an impact

Banda’s safeties get better. He also signed the #2 safety in the country last year.

The room is looking good with Gurvan Hall, Bubba Bolden, Amari Carter, Avantae Williams, Jalen Harrell and Brian Balom. That’s a true three deep if they young guys are as advertised.

Advertisement
Banda’s safeties get better. He also signed the #2 safety in the country last year.

The room is looking good with Gurvan Hall, Bubba Bolden, Amari Carter, Avantae Williams, Jalen Harrell and Brian Balom. That’s a true three deep if they young guys are as advertised.
More than descent. Wouldn't be surprised they end up the backbone of the D....

I was never on the anti-Banda bus. My issue was always that he was learnign on the job, which at Miami should be a truly rare situation for a position coach. But we had Patke and to a degree Rumph in the same situation at the same time. That's just dumb.

But it's year 5, and Banda is no longer a newbie. It's nice to see his hard work has turned him into the coach Diaz had promised. But there's no arguing the program invested a lot to get him there.

Bartender has been getting it done lately. I'm pleased. Maybe he's hooking recruits and their famlies up with drinks. You know how it goes. The bartender takes most of the drinks off the bill, and you throw them a giant tip for them to pocket.

I was never on the anti-Banda bus. My issue was always that he was learnign on the job, which at Miami should be a truly rare situation for a position coach. But we had Patke and to a degree Rumph in the same situation at the same time. That's just dumb.

But it's year 5, and Banda is no longer a newbie. It's nice to see his hard work has turned him into the coach Diaz had promised. But there's no arguing the program invested a lot to get him there.
We've been through the grow cycle. Now it's time to harvest that bud.

Advertisement
He’s turned into a **** fine coach. It’s practically a guarantee with time his guys will grow into NFL caliber players.

Missing piece hd been recruiting and he’s obviously stepped that up.

Would prefer if there were a bit more range in that room. Carter is what he is, regardless of so many arguing against it prior to last season. Gotta see Harrell in space before forming an opinion. Hall, Bolden, and Williams are definitely what Miami Safeties should look like, generally.

Banda gets an extra burden because a lot of the Diaz/Baker system is so reliant on clean Safety play.

Would prefer if there were a bit more range in that room. Carter is what he is, regardless of so many arguing against it prior to last season. Gotta see Harrell in space before forming an opinion. Hall, Bolden, and Williams are definitely what Miami Safeties should look like, generally.

Banda gets an extra burden because a lot of the Diaz/Baker system is so reliant on clean Safety play.
Plus his players get plucked for striker

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back