CMR to Sabag: not in my house!

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
CMR is surpassing my expectations in recruiting. He is taking back the State of Miami. I love it!

Advertisement
I remember when everyone was ing about Richt not having a first year recruiting bump for the 2017 class. I'll take the second year bump every single time if it leads to a #1 class.

I remember when everyone was ing about Richt not having a first year recruiting bump for the 2017 class. I'll take the second year bump every single time if it leads to a #1 class.

I still think 2017 was a pretty good class with some awesome talent at positions of need.

Yea 2017 class was still solid.

I think we are now seeing the full benefits of what Richt and staff can do once relationships are built.

When Richt took over, there was a lot of toxicity down here to get over. Staff is doing an A+ job this cycle

Advertisement
A lot of people in the media figured Georgia recruits itself. That may be true but that's because richt made it that way. He is gonna absolutely clean up down here with all this south Florida talent

Class was still very solid, a lot of kids who will contribute in a big way. Still wasn't to the caliber of some of the other schools with first year guys. I'll attribute that to missing on one or two elite kids. SFLA is just on another level this year in terms of talent.

Only huge miss was Jeudy. He got a future franchise QB in Kosi, OL beasts with Vaughn, Gaynor and Kai, Hllery huge upside prospect at OL too, electric speed with JT and Harley, Dean on the back end, now Dee to bridge gap till our epic secondary class gets here, Bandy, built depth at LB behind our stud trio, Garvin is a monster, DJ is a monster and huge national recruit, Deejay will be jack of all trades.

Yeah not a good as this class, but he built a **** of a foundation and has some absolute studs in the 17 class

Only huge miss was Jeudy. He got a future franchise QB in Kosi, OL beasts with Vaughn, Gaynor and Kai, Hllery huge upside prospect at OL too, electric speed with JT and Harley, Dean on the back end, now Dee to bridge gap till our epic secondary class gets here, Bandy, built depth at LB behind our stud trio, Garvin is a monster, DJ is a monster and huge national recruit, Deejay will be jack of all trades.

Yeah not a good as this class, but he built a **** of a foundation and has some absolute studs in the 17 class

its a class perfectly capable of being a part of a national championship team. especially when paired with the 2016 & 2018 classes.

Advertisement
The best part about grabbing a couple IMG guys is that Saban just hired Chris Weinke yesterday as part of his staff. Weinke left IMG in 2015, after being the director of football there for 5 years. I hope we finish this class as strong as we have started, and above Bama and everyone else in the recruiting rankings. It's laughable that we are still behind Penn St, granted they have a solid early class, but come on.

When you combine how outspoken our elite commits are with all this recruiting momentum - basically all in the state of FL - this seems a year we'll be untouchable.

It's going to be a lot easier to resist Sabags when every local baller you've known or known about for years is staying home. It'll be the hometown thing to do and that should make our boys recognize TusKKKaloosa for what it is and how amazing our campus and putting on for their city really is.

We just got a commit from a kid from Calabasas... Not the state of Miami...

When we flip Xavier, which will come soon, Saban will grab a calendar and circle that retirement date though

2017 class was more than solid IMO. It's a very good class with only one or two players I would consider not "Miami Quality." That in of itself is a huge step up from Golden.

I think part of having a good but not great first year class was Richt is not a car salesman, he is not going to lie and cajole kids into joining our team.

When he says he needs time to build relationships it's not just coach speak and excuse making. This guy is a master of making kids feel comfortable around him and his school.

We should all keep in mind that the recruiting success he is having is right after a 9 win season, more than a decade of mediocrity, and only a year and a half to build relationships while representing Miami.

The best is yet to come.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know we finally have the right staff after years of dissapointment. This staff knows what it takes and goes about their business with integrity and professionalism. This staff can flat out recruit but more importantly they can teach and coach. I can't wait until the IPF breaks ground and we start piling up the W's this upcoming season. Winning the coastal, ACCCG (beating FSU 2X) is a very realistic goal. Now we are starting to get some serious talent and depth. I feel Richt will win more than one NC during his time in Coaral Gables. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane Fan.

Who are the 2 players in your opinion?

I think Dykstra may be a step below and that is about it.

I bet we see a lot of attrition this December and sign a huge class which will catapult this thing into a dynasty I believe.

Advertisement

If people listen to Richt, he straight up tells you his recruiting takes some time to establish relationships. I think listening to the pros holds more water than listening to the whiners. Many of the kids in Georgia's class last year were also impacted by the relationships that Richt and his staff began with them. If you looked at the kids in the 2017 class who Richt had an impact on their commitment regardless of what school they went to (Georgia or Miami) then Richt again was one of the best in the country. This years class appears to be lining up with his history of being a major recruiter and having the time he needs to solidify relationships. Richt didn't forget how to recruit, his history is not some lie and its clear that when you put a mad dog in the middle of talent gold mine its just a matter of time.

We just got a commit from a kid from Calabasas... Not the state of Miami...

When we flip Xavier, which will come soon, Saban will grab a calendar and circle that retirement date though

I want it to be after we beat them in the playoffs in 2019, 54-0.

I want Williams to be the last WR we add to the trio of Wiggins, Hightower and Pope. Not because I love his game so much (I do think he's good), but it makes a statement. Flipping a committed South Florida WR from Baga to the home team speak volumes.

Advertisement
Back