CMR to Sabag: not in my house!

2017 should be considered a great class when you add in Delaney and Logan (fingers crossed), provided Thomas makes it in.

2018 is on a whole different level. From a South Florida perspective, I'm not sure we've gotten everyone we wanted like this before. It helps that there's so much talent this year. For example, you can't really count Surtain, Samuels or Williams as misses given our takes. And they still might want in. Certainly better than I can recall back through Butch days. Maybe one of the oldguard like Lu or AU can compare to other top South Florida-heavy classes.

Advertisement
Yea 2017 class was still solid.

I think we are now seeing the full benefits of what Richt and staff can do once relationships are built.

When Richt took over, there was a lot of toxicity down here to get over. Staff is doing an A+ job this cycle

Understatement of the year. The toxicity levels were off the chart. F A G turned recruits, coaches and fans off at an alarming rate. The administration's decision to retain F A G into the 2015 season created such a shtshow that it was hard to watch. In retrospect, it might be the best decision ever because we wouldn't have CMR of they fired F A G after the 2014 diarrhea-fest.

The best part about grabbing a couple IMG guys is that Saban just hired Chris Weinke yesterday as part of his staff. Weinke left IMG in 2015, after being the director of football there for 5 years. I hope we finish this class as strong as we have started, and above Bama and everyone else in the recruiting rankings. It's laughable that we are still behind Penn St, granted they have a solid early class, but come on.

We're actually ahead of Ped State. Right now we're number 1 on 247.

What I like about Rick with respect to recruiting, is that he plays the long game and the short game.

Obviously, the short game is getting current recruits on board, and establishing relationships with local coaches and high schools as fast as possible.

The long game involves continuing to build those high school coaching relationships, but look at what he's doing at community centers with the younger kids, and their mentors and coaches. He shows up like none of our prior coaches ever did in the last 10 years. This will pay dividends down the road

Advertisement
Yea 2017 class was still solid.

I think we are now seeing the full benefits of what Richt and staff can do once relationships are built.

When Richt took over, there was a lot of toxicity down here to get over. Staff is doing an A+ job this cycle

Yes and no. Everyone knew, pretty much from day one, that Mark Richt was no Al Golden, Randy Shannon, or Larry Coker. We lost a LOT of recruits because of our cheap hiring practices, and that began to chance the second Richt was hired.

Also, addition by subtraction. You take away that crappy D we played for years and all of a sudden you give every young South Florida defender a green light to look at UM seriously.

So yes, the situation was toxic, but hiring a REAL staff limited the seepage. It was toxic under Coker, Shannon couldn't clean it up. It was toxic under Shannon, Golden couldn't clean it up. It was toxic under Golden, but Richt and staff cleaned that mess up in a hurry.

Who are the 2 players in your opinion?

I think Dykstra may be a step below and that is about it.

I bet we see a lot of attrition this December and sign a huge class which will catapult this thing into a dynasty I believe.

It's just my opinion but I don't believe Dykstra or Polendy are truly Miami quality.

Rick to Sabag: Get up on your tippy toes, and suck my *******, midget!

I want Williams for the same reason my dog wants a 98% chewed out bone nub that another dog is nibbling on despite having 3 fresh bloody steak bones right in front of him.

Advertisement

I bet we see a lot of attrition this December and sign a huge class which will catapult this thing into a dynasty I believe.

It's just my opinion but I don't believe Dykstra or Polendy are truly Miami quality.

Agree on Dykstra and honestly Polendey was going to be my other guess.

I think he is just a different TE, more of an inline type and with Irvin, Haskins, we are plenty athletic, just need to keep their heads on straight. Although when you read between the lines, the staff seems to like him so we will see.

Agree on Dykstra and honestly Polendey was going to be my other guess.

I think he is just a different TE, more of an inline type and with Irvin, Haskins, we are plenty athletic, just need to keep their heads on straight. Although when you read between the lines, the staff seems to like him so we will see.

Definitely rooting for them both to succeed. Once Herndon is gone we won't really have a stereotypical blocker tight end who occasionally can go out and catch some passes to surprise a defense. Even this upcoming season we will probably use Herndon as more of a catching tight end.

I believe Polendy will have an opportunity to contribute as a sophomore - or redshirt freshman - because like you said we don't really have a guy like that on the roster. Although it looks like Haskins has the size to be a blocker he seems like more of a pass catcher. Guys have to have a certain mindset to really be affective blockers.

I think they are targeting Will Mallory as the blocking tight end and Brevin Jordan as the receiving one this class. Would be one **** of a pull.

CMR's message to that miserable **** Saban

IMG_7225.JPG

Advertisement
I think Jeudy made a huge mistake not choosing Miami. We run a much better offense for receivers, he could have stayed home and done much better. Probably would have been able to show his skills better at Miami and went higher in the draft. JMO
Only huge miss was Jeudy. He got a future franchise QB in Kosi, OL beasts with Vaughn, Gaynor and Kai, Hllery huge upside prospect at OL too, electric speed with JT and Harley, Dean on the back end, now Dee to bridge gap till our epic secondary class gets here, Bandy, built depth at LB behind our stud trio, Garvin is a monster, DJ is a monster and huge national recruit, Deejay will be jack of all trades.

Yeah not a good as this class, but he built a **** of a foundation and has some absolute studs in the 17 class

I have to admit Franchise, Sabag, is on NOTICE! Imagine this,.... Richt will force him to retire.....Fvckin' midget

Advertisement
Back