Cloud in Gainesville?

Cal jimmy

Sophomore
Mark Long (@APMarkLong)
2/20/15, 6:15 AM
NCAA says it will release details of the infractions regarding Gators at 1 pm. No idea if it's hoops or football

Mark Long (@APMarkLong)
2/20/15, 6:23 AM
The NCAA infractions are definitely football related. Not sure who they involved yet. #Gators

Last edited:
Advertisement
My guess would be football. Rumors going around about them contacting kids during the dead period.

I hate gators above all and hope they fry, but I will admit that they seem to be the only sec team that actually get punished. However, getting in bed with nevin has crippled the ncaa. Huge fall from psu and "going get Miami" heyday. They a whipped puppies now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could be tied to the old Kentucky HC who left the Gator staff in the middle of the night. Maybe someone recalls, but thought Al & Co. were suspected of squealing. If so, good for them.

Saw that it might be the Joker Phillips incident. pic of him at dinner with recruit during dead period...turned in by someone connected to Miami.

**** I bet the Gator players are crapping their pants in anticipation!

adam-lane-jr-busted-coverage.gif

yum00bqaigrn7fmhojhj.jpg

NCAA ready to address UF infractions
Cody Jones of FightinGators.com, Feb 20, 2015
The Gators will learn of any penalties this afternoon from a situation involving a former assistant coach.

Advertisement
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/ncaa-infractions-committee-to-announce-decision-on-florida-football-today/2218451

NCAA infractions committee set to announce decision on Florida football investigation

he NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. today to discuss potential sanctions against the University of Florida regarding former wide receivers coach Joker Phillips.

Phillips, a former Kentucky head coach, abruptly resigned last June after one season with the Gators.

After his resignation, reports surfaced that Phillips had been photographed having interaction with a recruit during an NCAA dead period. Florida athletic officials never specifically stated why Phillips resigned.

"We have not received the report yet, but we will receive it later today," Florida athletics officials said in a statement. "However, this is a final resolution to a matter that we dealt with last June regarding one of our former assistant football coaches."

Phillips resigned two months before the start of fall camp stating "personal reasons."

A 26-year coaching veteran, Phillips joined the staff in December 2012 after he was fired as the head coach at Kentucky. He spent three seasons (2010-2012) as the Wildcats' head coach, and is a former Kentucky player and assistant coach.

Advertisement
Phillips was spotted with a recruit at a restaurant during the dead period. The NCAA received a picture of the pair by the University of Miami.
The NCAA will release its sanctions against the University of Florida for the illegal “bump” at 1 p.m. A bump is a secondary violation when coaches unexpectedly meet with recruits. If the meeting was found to be prearranged, the sanctions could be severe.

Read more at http://fanbuzz.com/story/ncaa-to-an...orida-football-on-friday/#O7gSPEv8Dg12FzS0.99

It'll be Gerald Willis related and the penalty will actually be somehow transferable to us. The cloud is back! Extend Golden now!

LOL...Did you really expect anything else?

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 21m21 minutes ago
NCAA imposing no sanctions on Florida for Joker Phillips violations.

Advertisement
Back