Closing in on Walker

Advertisement
The 2 Walkers, Wong, and Carney would be the best class Miami ever signed. They may even take a 5th guy or get a grad transfer. Think you need to get 5 guys no matter what happens with Hernandez cuz I was not counting on him staying for his senior year. Then Johnson, Amp, and Izundu all leave.

Advertisement
The 2 Walkers, Wong, and Carney would be the best class Miami ever signed. They may even take a 5th guy or get a grad transfer. Think you need to get 5 guys no matter what happens with Hernandez cuz I was not counting on him staying for his senior year. Then Johnson, Amp, and Izundu all leave.

Not that you’re saying the opposite but....

We “must” use 6 scholarships regardless of Dewan, this doesn’t mean use all 6 on HS Seniors. We just have a chit ton of open spots and 5 isn’t enough.

We had an open ship before anything happened, then Miles Wilson “left”. Izundu, Amp and Johnson are gone.

Don’t be shocked if someone transfers out/leaves. It tends to happen frequently. Plus, I highly doubt Dewan comes back.

Due to a lack of deep on the 2018-19 roster, using all available scholarships is a must. Today, I think all six scholarships should be used on freshman with one of the freshman taking a redshirt year to develop. Tomorrow, I could change my mind but this is how I feel today.
Considering Vernon Carey Jr and Cole Anthony are one and done type players, those scholarship will also be available for recruits in 2020. I don't want to use the transfer route because a grad transfer will want to play immediately if not start normally and the success ratio of transfers who come to Miami, sit out then get kicked out a year later is too high. Hopefully, McGusty brings that number down.
6 scholarship freshman is not bad once you consider 1 or 2 are one and done kids(Carey and Anthony), 1 kid (CJ Walker) could leave in year 2 or 3 depending on his development, 2 kids will be four year guys (Wong and Anthony Walker) and the last kid will be a redshirt senior (Damari Monsanto, 3 star local guard) who will provide experience to the roster in the future.

Due to a lack of deep on the 2018-19 roster, using all available scholarships is a must. Today, I think all six scholarships should be used on freshman with one of the freshman taking a redshirt year to develop. Tomorrow, I could change my mind but this is how I feel today.
Considering Vernon Carey Jr and Cole Anthony are one and done type players, those scholarship will also be available for recruits in 2020. I don't want to use the transfer route because a grad transfer will want to play immediately if not start normally and the success ratio of transfers who come to Miami, sit out then get kicked out a year later is too high. Hopefully, McGusty brings that number down.
6 scholarship freshman is not bad once you consider 1 or 2 are one and done kids(Carey and Anthony), 1 kid (CJ Walker) could leave in year 2 or 3 depending on his development, 2 kids will be four year guys (Wong and Anthony Walker) and the last kid will be a redshirt senior (Damari Monsanto, 3 star local guard) who will provide experience to the roster in the future.

Do we have any form of a realistic shot w Cole Anthony or is this just in an absolutely ideal/perfect scenario?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd have no issue going the transfer route for a spot or two. We've had more successes with the transfer route than failures. Muhammad and Wilson didn't pan out, but it has also given us Jack McClinton, Shane Larkin, Angel Rodriguez, and Sheldon McClellan.

If we don't land Carey, we could definitely use a grad transfer big next year. Even if Dewan stays, all that we would have down low are Dewan, Gak, Miller, and maybe Anthony Walker (though I ultimately think he'd be better used in an Amp-like role). Miller has shown nothing to this point, and Gak is still a work in progress.

I'd have no issue going the transfer route for a spot or two. We've had more successes with the transfer route than failures. Muhammad and Wilson didn't pan out, but it has also given us Jack McClinton, Shane Larkin, Angel Rodriguez, and Sheldon McClellan..
Where would this program be without those four guys? Plus, you left off Kenny Kadji, Trey McKinney-Jones, Malcolm Grant, Kamari Murphy and Lance Hurdle. We've done MUCH better with transfers than with HS recruits.

Assuming Dewan leaves. We have 7 on the current roster. McGusty (who no one is mentioning), DJ, Sam, Lykes, Mack, Miller and Gak. Lets say CJ Walker chooses Miami, that gives us 10. No way we add 3 more players. 2 more? Probably. Maybe Just 1 if it is Carey. It is also possible that we add a transfer, who will sit out next season.

If you listened to Coach L's press conference last week, he didn't seem too keen on using the full 13 that you are allowed.

Advertisement
Assuming Dewan leaves. We have 7 on the current roster. McGusty (who no one is mentioning), DJ, Sam, Lykes, Mack, Miller and Gak. Lets say CJ Walker chooses Miami, that gives us 10. No way we add 3 more players. 2 more? Probably. Maybe Just 1 if it is Carey. It is also possible that we add a transfer, who will sit out next season.

If you listened to Coach L's press conference last week, he didn't seem too keen on using the full 13 that you are allowed.

Given Miller, that is like not using the ship.

Fill the class, redshirt the right players.

Ideally, Walker, Carney, and maybe one more guy would be huge. I’d love to watch a team that rolls 10-11 deep.

Could be a very good day tomorrow if the whole Jeff Thomas rumor is proved to be not true and if Cj Walker announces for Miami.

Advertisement
Back