Clive Walford Unranked TE LOW 3*

Boarcane

All ACC
Last edited:
Advertisement
This staff did not have Clive for his full tenure. RS's staff did an ok job with him. He obviously would not be talked about as highly as he is if he wasnt developed properly. I think that this next year will be good for him. He can get more tape to the scouts and it will be better in terms of catching the ball. Clive didnt have a great season with that, he dropped a few catchable balls too. He needs to get into a rhythm with Olsen or Kaaya and focus on that more. He can do some blocking, but NFL teams are going to be asking him to be better in the passing game nowadays.

Kid is a monster, with the QB situation so uncertain I think he's going to get his opportunities. The flashes we've seen need to be him everyday.
It was evident that Williams had chemistry with Sandlin LY in the limited PT he got, as cp said Wolford has to get that with whomever the qb ends up being.

This staff did not have Clive for his full tenure. RS's staff did an ok job with him. He obviously would not be talked about as highly as he is if he wasnt developed properly. I think that this next year will be good for him. He can get more tape to the scouts and it will be better in terms of catching the ball. Clive didnt have a great season with that, he dropped a few catchable balls too. He needs to get into a rhythm with Olsen or Kaaya and focus on that more. He can do some blocking, but NFL teams are going to be asking him to be better in the passing game nowadays.
Randy found and recruited him to Miami. However, I think it would be unfair to place his development as a TE on Randy's Staff.
Randy and his staff left Miami in November of 2010.

Advertisement
He had three other offers. FIU, Purdue and Indiana.
http://sports.yahoo.com/lsu/football/recruiting/player-Clive-Walford-98696
He is currently projected by CBS Sports as the 11th best TE in the senior class for the 2015 NFL Draft.
I think he has a Monster year and moves up in the draft rankings.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/TE
Did this staff do a good job of developing him?

I hope he has a great year...

Only 10 TE's got drafted this year so he definately needs to have a really good year!

Too early to predict any kind of draft status. Plus with Sandland and Dobard progressing nicely, his catches could be cut. We shall see.

Advertisement
Watching how early mediocre tight ends were coming off the board yesterday has to make guys like Walford optimistic about making it to the next level. If you can stretch the defense and block you are a 2-3 round pick in todays NFL. There are not a lot of kids who can do both and have the film to back it up.

With Stacy and the other receiver threats we have, TE's should get a lot of looks this year, if OC calls better plays. A big TE is a young QB's best friend. If a QB emerges and OC earns his money, our TEs should have great years.

Advertisement
Too early to predict any kind of draft status. Plus with Sandland and Dobard progressing nicely, his catches could be cut. We shall see.

I believe Walford will be our clear #1 TE this year. Sandland is not progressing. Hopefully something clicks this summer. Dobard is in front of Sandland, and looked very good this spring. But I highly doubt he'll jump Walford. This is his money year. He has the athleticism to move up much higher than #11. It's on him.

^^ Henderson's habits cost him a lot more than hundreds of thousands of dollars. Millions and millions.

Advertisement
Did this staff do a good job of developing him?

Yes.

but did the staff do a good job of developing 5 stars Henderson? what about Ray Armstrong?

ACTUALLY, i'm VERY IMPRESSED that the staff got out of him what they did. He couldn't finish his pro day, stop smoking pot for the combine and was passed over two hundred times by NFL teams because they thought he couldn't be focused. I can't believe they kept him on the field and got him as far as they did. SERIOUS head case imho. If millions could't do it, how did Al?
Please tell me what you would have done differently to motivate and develop him as head coach, if you were in charge?

Last edited:
There was literally NOONE that liked this commitment when it happened. A lot of it had to do with timing though IIRC. We were in a stretch of taking some really ****** prospects. People were up in arms about Clive but not sure they even knew who he was.

Good to see him stick it out and set himself up for a nice senior year. Would have loved to see him and Williams do some things.

Needs to become a more consistent player

This right here.

Forget stats, Clive showed real promise towards the end of his soph season. Looking as if he was going to be a real good one at the position.

Yet he seemed to have taken a step back last year. When Morris did find the time in his busy schedule to look for Walford. Clive concentration was not really there. Was always looking to what he could do down field, before the catch was even made.. Doing a juggling act many times just to make a simple catch.

He can be a lot better player when he leaves here. Than what anyone ever thought. If he can just focus on making the catch 1st. I am not saying that will equal a 1st our 2nd day pick, but he can be a real solid outlet for our QB's.

Last edited:
They've done a decent job of developing him. Walford is a decent TE with very inconsistent hands who was a total non-factor in the month of November following his three-drop effort against FSU.

I personally hope Dobard seizes the No. 1 TE spot this summer and never looks back. Walford would be better suited as a No. 2 TE, IMO.

Advertisement
Back